Too Tall

I am 6'2" and feel like I have to bend over a lot when I am standing on the pegs. Does someone make taller risers for the YZ, or will I have to go to a different bend in the bars? I am currently running the OEM Pro Tapers.

I am the same height and, one of the first things I did was put on the Pro Taper Kevin Windham bars. They are perfect for your height. You can also get a taller sub mount?

I have this problem on my 426 too, i have the renthal RC high bend bars and they are still a bit low.. Im also 6'3''.. Is there anything out there like what you listed above grayracer for a 426?

Using a stock triple clamp, you can use the fat bar adapters made by a number of people. These sit in the stock bar clamps, and raise the bars by about an inch. If they are aftermarket clamps, Applied Racing and some others make taller than standard bar mounts.

The GYT-R clamps are interesting because they move the bars forward. At about the price of a pair of handlebars, different bars might be a better solution.

Using a stock triple clamp, you can use the fat bar adapters made by a number of people. These sit in the stock bar clamps, and raise the bars by about an inch. If they are aftermarket clamps, Applied Racing and some others make taller than standard bar mounts.

The GYT-R clamps are interesting because they move the bars forward. At about the price of a pair of handlebars, different bars might be a better solution.

I like the idea of spending less money right now (given the ever increasing price of gas), so I want to go with the fat bar adapters instead of new bars. I am running the stock bar clamps on 07 YZ 450f with the OEM Pro Tapers. I looked around on the web to try to find someone who would have the adapters that I need for an inch height increase, but not sure I found them.

Gray, can you help me out and point me in the right direction so I am buying the right adapters? Appreciate it. :thumbsup:

try the bar riser kit from rocky mountain. its only $20

try the bar riser kit from rocky mountain. its only $20

I just got off the phone with Chad at Rocky Mountain. The riser kit for 1 1/8" bars is on the way to me. Thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

I will have to check out the bar riser.. I already have the fat bar adapter, and tall bars, but just not tall enough..

I checked out the Windham bars but ended up with the KX High Bend. I think they're 14mm taller than my stock '06 bars and felt like they were a little further forward than the Windham's on the ends but that's just my preference.

Check out the Pastrana FMX bend by PROTAPER. Pricey but highest bend with minimal sweep that I have found yet. I'm 6'7' and use ATV high bend steel bars BC they are cheap, but I am going to order the Pastrana bends very soon. Good luck!

I am 6'4 and had the same problem until I modified my footpegs to lower them 1/2 inch and put a set of 2" higher and 1" further ahead risors and also went with a tall guts seat, made a big difference........

I went for a ride yesterday with the Tusk riser kit installed. What a huge difference. Felt much more comfortable and wasn't bent over as much. Dare I say.....I also felt faster and lasted longer on the trails without having to stop. Thanks for the advise on the Tusk product.