HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chopio

Headlight for 07 450f??

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone found good lighting solution for an 07 yz 450f? This summer I want to be able to do some riding at night I also need one for my sons yz 250f...

Thanks

Check out my posts on stators and my lighting tutorial for the YZ's - just about all you need to know about putting lights on a new YZ

The tutorial is under Electrical in the Common Threads sticky, top of the index.

The 250F will be much easier to get a solution for.

I would call proracing before getting my hopes up too high - they list one kit for the 400, 426, and 450. the 450's from 06 on are not compatable with the older bikes as far as stator/flywheel goes, and proracing doesn't mention what years their kit fits.

Nick - where did you see 07 on this page?:

http://www.proracing.co.uk/xc_lighting_yzf.htm

are you the Nick at proracing like in their email address? (nickatproracing@aol.com) - if so, I guess you would know! :thumbsup:

I would call proracing before getting my hopes up too high - they list one kit for the 400, 426, and 450. the 450's from 06 on are not compatable with the older bikes as far as stator/flywheel goes, and proracing doesn't mention what years their kit fits.
The '03-'05 YZ450 is not compatible with the earlier models, either, so the matter needs some serious clarification.