Guts Seat - wrong size

Just picked up the Guts Seat - tall medium for my 2005 WR450. When I slide the foam over the plastic seat it does not go all the way to the end - approx. 1.5-2 inches from the end of the seat. The stock foam goes all the way to the end.

Anyone experience this? Trying to determine if I need to send it back or if this is how it is supposed to fit. Seams like it isn't sized correctly.

thanks

I traded foam with my bud, he has a '05 with guts foam, my '06 was stock, I had the same problem and was a little worried but after stretching the cover, it seemed to pull the foam back some and it fit ok, good mod, it took some getting used to but way better tnan stock

IMG_2647.jpg

2006 tall, soft guts.

Hey MotoGoalie,

I like your Guts seat. I'm looking for a softer and thicker seat for my YZ 250 2-stroke. I only ride woods and need something that will allow me to do 50 miles in the woods. The stock seat is like an ironing board. Do you think a tall soft Guts seat will work for me? Does the tall seat have more foam than the standard?

Hey MotoGoalie,

I like your Guts seat. I'm looking for a softer and thicker seat for my YZ 250 2-stroke. I only ride woods and need something that will allow me to do 50 miles in the woods. The stock seat is like an ironing board. Do you think a tall soft Guts seat will work for me? Does the tall seat have more foam than the standard?

yes, that's why i bought it. Tall soft, its not as squooshy as that XR but its comfortable now. It will allow you to do 50 miles without monkey butt.

it has more foam than the standard.

Look for Yamaha Seat Rant thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my tall 'medium soft' seat foam today, and a gripper cover. Got the foam Shoe-Goo'd to the seat base, and put the seat cover on.

My Stanley electric staple gun won't drive the staples into the seat base properly, and I don't want to feck up my $45 seat cover. ?

What kind of staples & staple gun are you guys using to secure the seat cover? I'm kinda frustrated right now...any tips/tricks appreciated.

Thanks!