HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frankllynn

yz400 stator question

16 posts in this topic

I dont know if the 426 startor is the same but there is a guy on Ebay selling rewinds with light wiring for about $129

I have heard its a real pain to rewind stators. I talked to an electrical wiz we use for doing our starters and alts where I work, he said it a hard thing to do and get correct. I guess you have to know how much to wind on and then get everthing to fit back into the bike correctly. Don, the electrical wiz, said it takes a lot of labor time to do.

Anyone seen a kit for my bike with headlight wireing harness and stator. That would be nice.

Doesn't a WR stator solve your problem? I have a plated YZ400f and it has a WR stator in it.

Someone told me a wr stator would not fit. Does anyone know what the wattage on the wr is. I was going to get a fww anyways. I would like to run a 55w bulb.

I have a 99 YZ400F, and it has a WR flywheel/stator. I don't know the exact output, but I am running a headlight/taillight/blinkers/Horn. I didn't do the conversion, so I don't know what all was involved, but the previous owner swapped the two back and forth depending on what type of riding/racing he was doing. He claims that the WR setup gets significantly better gas mileage as well. I don't know what the stock YZ mileage was, but I seem to get close to 40 miles per gallon with the Street setup.

Could someone tell me how to wire it if I were to get the wr flywheel and stator.

I would also have to get a voltage regulator and I like the UFO lights. I guess I would also get an on off high low switch. Anyone have a diagram or know the wire color codes.