HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeXtro

coeshow CRF251 Big Bore Kit vs BBr Bore Kit - 240cc W/Cam / CRF230

30 posts in this topic

so i'll be looking into upgrading my 230's motor sometime soon and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these 2 kits and which is the overall better deal there both close to the same price so really performance is the only difference if any? thanx in advance

BBR calls it a 240cc kit, but it is actually just a 233cc kit with stock CRF230 being 223cc. Coeshow's kit is a true 251cc with new sleeve. You will have to bore the case opening to accept the larger sleeve, but the way I look at it is once done, you will always have a true 250cc engine. There is nobody around here to do the boring for me, so I'm just going to send the motor to him for all the work. A solid bump in compression to around 10.5:1 bored to 251cc and a coeshow cam/spring setup is going to give you a decent 25-26hp if I understood him. He says he can make a true race motor that is over 30+ hp though.

1 person likes this

is the cam/springs included in the bore kit? and whats the damage for the cam/springs if not included in the kit + labor costs...thanx for your response :thumbsup:

is the cam/springs included in the bore kit? and whats the damage for the cam/springs if not included in the kit + labor costs...thanx for your response :thumbsup:

most big bore kits have the cam with it.

no they dont..

I just searched the web for a couple kits with the cam and they didnt have them so you will have to buy a crank and the bbk. I was thinking more people made the kit with the cam, my mistake.

I just searched the web for a couple kits with the cam and they didnt have them so you will have to buy a crank and the bbk.

you dont need a cam with a bbk..

but its a good choice

and you dont need a crank at all :thumbsup:

but its a good choice

I meant cam.

but its a good choice

He wants to use a cam so i was just saying he will have to buy the cam and the kit.

You'll have to shoot Coeshow a mail and ask about his kits. You can have about anything done, and he loves the 150/230's sohe has done, tested and dyno'd them with his kits. I would love to sit on a 32hp 230 and see how that feels!:thumbsup:

You'll have to shoot Coeshow a mail and ask about his kits. You can have about anything done, and he loves the 150/230's sohe has done, tested and dyno'd them with his kits. I would love to sit on a 32hp 230 and see how that feels!:thumbsup:

theres a couple members on here with 30+ h/p supermoto 150's :thumbsup:

er, the motor started as a 150

theres a couple members on here with 30+ h/p supermoto 150's :thumbsup:

er, the motor started as a 150

Didnt someone post a pic of there SM 150 with like 30hp a couple months ago?

a 150f with 30HP would be crazy, lol didnt think that engine could achieve that much

yah it looked like a bad machine.

most big bore kits have the cam with it.

Just read the thread. He wants to know if the 251 Coeshow kit produces more HP than the BBR 240cc W/ BBR Cam. Not exactly sure, but don't think the Cam/springs are necessary. I don't think you can buy any kits that actually come with the cam. However, there will possibly be a matching Cam for the kit. The only way is if it's a complete "stage" style kit. A BBK alone will not include the Cam.

-Matt

Just read the thread. He wants to know if the 251 Coeshow kit produces more HP than the BBR 240cc W/ BBR Cam. Not exactly sure, but don't think the Cam/springs are necessary. I don't think you can buy any kits that actually come with the cam. However, there will possibly be a matching Cam for the kit. The only way is if it's a complete "stage" style kit. A BBK alone will not include the Cam.

-Matt

what? On crfsonly.com it says bbr big bore kit with cam. whats up with that?