HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richard56

WR400F Street Legal

6 posts in this topic

I have a question that is bothering me for quite sometime. When I travelling at , say, 60miles/hour, sometimes the headlight goes off and my blinkers don't work at that rpm. But sometimes it doesn't happen... why??? :):D

Remove the gas tank and check for a yellow wire coming from the flywheel cover. This is the output of the lighting coil and the connector under the tank tends to corrode then cook itself to death. My 98 WR had this problem and the connector turned into a lump of non conducting carbon.

Itermittant electrical problems are the worst things to troubleshoot. Good Luck.

I have been having the same problem.

I'll have to check that wire.

Death night if it turns out to be somthing else let me know.I'll do the same if I find somthing.

No wire burn.... weird.......But I did found out that if the headlight goes off, just give a few tap on a little black bow with 4/5 pins. The light will come on again :):D Weird right ?

I disconnected my headlight ,figured I never use it anyways. Everything worked great. Not sure if it's because

there is less electrical draw on the system or the connector is shorting.