HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schultz1919

yz 426 vs crf450r

5 posts in this topic

What year? I had a 2000 426 and a 2002 crf. The Yamaha had all the power and turned far better. The stability of the Honda was better in my opinion. More comfortable in a straight line over bumpy terrain. The durability of the Yamaha was far better. I rebuilt the top end and vavles on my honda twice. The yamaha seemed bulletproof. Just my 2cents.

What year? I had a 2000 426 and a 2002 crf. The Yamaha had all the power and turned far better. The stability of the Honda was better in my opinion. More comfortable in a straight line over bumpy terrain. The durability of the Yamaha was far better. I rebuilt the top end and vavles on my honda twice. The yamaha seemed bulletproof. Just my 2cents.

Good points, well said. I own a 2000 426 and have ridden several 2002 Crf's. I thought the Honda turned much better and had better suspension. I felt the Yamaha had better power and was much more stable at high speeds on rough terrain. Can't speak for reliability on the Honda but my 2000 Yamaha has simply been rock solid.

Either way if I was in the market for a used bike I was look for something newer...

1 person likes this