Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikesbaron

How-to trip meter reset?

4 posts in this topic

For the first time I got my "new" XR650R running. SWEEET. Now along with my oil question (see oil level post), I need to figure out the trip meter.

I figured if pull the knob out to the left I can scroll backwards, all the way to zero. Man that seems lke a stupid way to reset the trip meter. Please tell me there's an easier way!

And should I lock tite the knob to make sure it doesn't fall out as well?

You can roll it back with a knob? My arm is killing me from turning the tire backwards! :prof:

For the first time I got my "new" XR650R running. SWEEET. Now along with my oil question (see oil level post), I need to figure out the trip meter.

I figured if pull the knob out to the left I can scroll backwards, all the way to zero. Man that seems lke a stupid way to reset the trip meter. Please tell me there's an easier way!

And should I lock tite the knob to make sure it doesn't fall out as well?

Sorry, I can't help on the trip meter. Mine came off by the time it clicked 20 miles and a Vapor went in it's place. I was just wondering what "trick" your pig likes to get it fired up since you were having troubles before.

Pull the knob and rotate until it reaches the desired mileage. Push the knob back when you're done.