HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lifeinthesouth

Checking in!

14 posts in this topic

Not new to the site but new to the XRL.

I was set on the DR650 but couldn't pass up the deal on my '04 L.

Man, there's a ton of great info here and this bike is a great machine.:bonk: I got over 1000mls on it since sunday.

Does anyone know what's up with RSWracing? I ordered triples and fork brace Sunday night and have know idea what's up. They won't return calls or respond to e-mail.:prof:

Congratulations on the new L. I just came back to Honda after two Suzuki DR350's. The Suzi's were fun, but they're no Honda. I'm sure you won't regret your choice. There is so much more information and available options with the L. Welcome aboard.

-Joe

That fork brace is REALLY nice and the most reasonable price of any after market part out there! I think I will have to a copy cat job and get one too :prof:

:bonk: What's "wrong" with the stock top triple though ? Is it more bling then anything, the RSW one ? It is really nice though!!

everything is fine with RSW! I got a response this morning... they had been on vacation; oh, the nerve... we need parts; no vacations allowed:D

Part of the 1000mls was the 700 mile ride home from Daytona to New orleans

Needless to say, my ass was very sore!

As far as the triples go... they are a bit bling but they offer different ergonomics. I got them with the 2" risers (for the obvious height differnce from stock) and the risers are also offset so you can have the bars set in almost stock position or a bit more forward... more centered over the fork tubes. Oh, and i have 1-1/8" Pro-tapers so i needed the bigger clamp too.

It's an incredible peice for the price and just couldn't pass'em up.

I'll have it all set up next week and be sure to post pics.

Will the light switch fit on the bigger bars since the diameter is made for 7/8 ?

I have the 1 1/8 Pro Tapers and alll the stock stuff fits perfectly. Only problem I have is finding the aftermarket handguards I want because most of them have a mount on each side that goes where the bars are larger.

Howdy and welcome! 1000mi since Sunday?!!:prof::bonk::ride:

:confused:;) I bought my XRL in August and it took me until last Wednesday to put 1000 miles on it.

:ride: Crappy winter weather

Will the light switch fit on the bigger bars since the diameter is made for 7/8 ?

Dood, pro tapers uh....taper. They are 1 1/8 in the center but are 7.8 by the time the bar hits the 2nd bend.

I have the 1 1/8 Pro Tapers and alll the stock stuff fits perfectly. Only problem I have is finding the aftermarket handguards I want because most of them have a mount on each side that goes where the bars are larger.

all handgaurds have an optional protaper mount. I have Acerbis ProRalleys and they have a protaper option that cost 20bucks.

everything is fine with RSW! I got a response this morning... they had been on vacation; oh, the nerve... we need parts; no vacations allowed:D

Part of the 1000mls was the 700 mile ride home from Daytona to New orleans

Needless to say, my ass was very sore!

As far as the triples go... they are a bit bling but they offer different ergonomics. I got them with the 2" risers (for the obvious height differnce from stock) and the risers are also offset so you can have the bars set in almost stock position or a bit more forward... more centered over the fork tubes. Oh, and i have 1-1/8" Pro-tapers so i needed the bigger clamp too.

It's an incredible peice for the price and just couldn't pass'em up.

I'll have it all set up next week and be sure to post pics.

I carefully bookmarked the RSW fork brace page over 2 years ago, after much careful research. When I finally went to order their fork brace from them last month, they weren't around. I ended up going with an SRC fork brace. Now I think SRC is now out of business. LOL. Glad I at least got my parts. I musta bought their last fork brace. Cuz SRC appears to be no more.