HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldmanx

Using Red clutch disks...

3 posts in this topic

I'm getting ready to purchase a Rekluse clutch for my '04 WR450. I've had it suggested to me that I should put new clutch disks in when I'm doing the install, and that I might want to look into using Honda clutch disks. Does anyone have experience with doing this on an 04 WR450? If so, do I just replace the friction disks? Or do I replace all of both the steel and friction disks? The bike has app. 1,400 mikes on it and has never given me a hint of having any clutch issues of any kind.

I just put one in on my 06 450. Suggest you use the springs for highest engagement speed (only a couple of hundred revs higher than the default). I used my existing clutch plates which have about 90hrs on them and all seems ok.

Watch for the clutch touching the clutch cover. I installed the fat rekluse gasket and the stock one but don't know yet if it fixed the problem.

The clutch is a great asset for slow tight stuff

cheers

Mark