HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426_kid

new owner

6 posts in this topic

of a 1986 XR 600R... guy took it apart and didnt know how to put it back together so i got it for free. yes free. so one day later all back to gether its runnin like a champ. more pickup then i expected... lol its different though because its got all black plastics with an orange frame... so inlight of this i think its too quiet and was wondering if anyone had a exhaust laying around for it that woudl be willing to sell it. like i said its to quiet for me I guess I am to used to my yz426. lol

If you have the stock pipe and want more sound, just take out the baffle. It is still a compliant sparky with the baffle out. It is way too loud for the law and my tastes though.

There is nothing you can do...Dont make pipes for it anymore. And all the ones they did, are broke. Send me you address and I will come get the bike and dispose of the turd for you...NO CHARGE:p

Good going finding a "barn find":worthy: Sounds like the proverbial "exwife selling off the exhusbands corvette for $100"

I'm sure there are quite a few Super Trapps still around in some form or another for those early 600s. My old man's '84 XL600 has one and it's loud! Might be because there's no packing in it....

I'm sure there are quite a few Super Trapps still around in some form or another for those early 600s. My old man's '84 XL600 has one and it's loud! Might be because there's no packing in it....

Yes the 4" racing series supertrapp can still be found, got mine brand new for $100 off eBay. Some TIG welding is required for the aluminum mounting brackets and you will need to have a mid-pipe made for it (between the header and 'trapp). Supertrapps are tune-able, so you can make it louder or quieter by adding or removing discs, respectively. The 'trapp on my 1984 XR500 has 10 discs and it runs perfect, nice and quiet when putting around and somewhat loud when it's opened up. Still passes the noise decibel test with flying colors. I think this is the one I have (it comes with 8 discs but I found some extras lying around my friend's garage):http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/detail.asp?CatID=34&ItemID=412-15000

FMF still makes a pipe for the XR600R the powercore IV, I just bought one for my 86 XL600R. Good sound and power is increased notably. You will have to rejet though! and Dynojet makes a stage 1 kit for it.