06 WR450F Glowing Exhaust

Just bought a WR450F from my buddy that had ridden it maybe an hour or two. Noticed when i was riding it last night the exhaust was cherry red so it seems to be running very lean. Also the low end bog is really noticable on this bike. Any suggestions on the exhaust and low end bogging issue?

I went up to a 48 pilot and backed the fuel screw out a half a turn to 1.5 and it went away for good. I've got a 05. I've played with the fuel screw and it runs best between 1.5 and 1 3/4 turns out. I don't adjust it anymore and I've never changed the pilot jet since.

Has the exhaust system been uncorked and has the throttle stop been cut down. If so, I would recommend going richer on the needle and the main jet as well. If you noticed it glowing while you were riding then you we most likely on the part of the circuit where a needle change would make the biggest change. It's pretty common to see those things glowing after about one minute of idling but, if jetted properly, it should go away after you start moving.