HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BBA

Thanks to you XR guys!!

20 posts in this topic

This thread has nothing to do with my XRR. Its running fine. This thread has to do with my problem with alot of the ADVrider members and in comparission to you guys here in the XR threads on TT. I dont know why I even go to that website (ADV) anymore. There are so many pat-their-own-back-self rightous-I know all you know nothing A-holes on that website.

I dont go to alot of motorcycle forums (actually only three). Im a member of TT, ADVrider and My2wheels.com . Im new on the My2wheels site and went to ADV when I first got involved with this Dualsporting thing but I find that here on TT is where I like to be. I like reading stuff from you crazy folks like Denn10, Martinfan, Bibleman and many more. It seems we can state our opinions, polk fun at each other and generally have a good time on here without all the political s#%t that goes on over at ADV. Now there are cool guys on that forum as well but it seems more and more if you dont agree with the masses on there and have a different opinion than theirs they get real snotty and act like little girly boys.

So what Im trying to say is thanks to all you XR riders for giving me a place to escape to after work and crazy days. Shhwwww, thanks for letting me vent! Oh and Martinfan I hope you noticed I used paragraphs eh!! Cheers

This thread has nothing to do with my XRR. Its running fine. This thread has to do with my problem with alot of the ADVrider members and in comparission to you guys here in the XR threads on TT. I dont know why I even go to that website (ADV) anymore. There are so many pat-their-own-back-self rightous-I know all you know nothing A-holes on that website.

I dont go to alot of motorcycle forums (actually only three). Im a member of TT, ADVrider and My2wheels.com . Im new on the My2wheels site and went to ADV when I first got involved with this Dualsporting thing but I find that here on TT is where I like to be. I like reading stuff from you crazy folks like Denn10, Martinfan, Bibleman and many more. It seems we can state our opinions, polk fun at each other and generally have a good time on here without all the political s#%t that goes on over at ADV. Now there are cool guys on that forum as well but it seems more and more if you dont agree with the masses on there and have a different opinion than theirs they get real snotty and act like little girly boys.

So what Im trying to say is thanks to all you XR riders for giving me a place to escape to after work and crazy days. Shhwwww, thanks for letting me vent! Oh and Martinfan I hope you noticed I used paragraphs eh!! Cheers

Yeah I did! Good job.

:prof:

Your content is still nothing but useless DREK.

:bonk:

Rich.

Your content is still nothing but useless DREK.

:prof:

Rich.

Your right Rich it is a bunch of useless garb of words. I seem to be good at making speeches about nothing. Hell I think I'll run for President LOL!!

Your right Rich it is a bunch of useless garb of words. I seem to be good at making speeches about nothing. Hell I think I'll run for President LOL!!

:prof::bonk:

Hell I think I'll run for President LOL!!

You'd get my vote! You could build a nice race track right on the White House's front lawn!

whitehouse.jpg

:prof::bonk::confused:;)

1 person likes this

You'd get my vote! You could build a nice race track right on the White House's front lawn!

whitehouse.jpg

:bonk::confused:;):ride:

My wife just looked around the kitchen corner to see what I was laughing so hard about. That is an Awesome pic man. And yes if I did become president I would use your layout to model the front lawn of the White House. :prof:

Yeah, and when you get gas here it's a good thing.:bonk:

Damn man Im a total idiot!! I just figured out this gas gauge thing. I know I owe some of you some good gas for help in the past so I'll make it up in the near future. Im such a "Barney" sometimes.:prof:

If you think ADVriders on the thumper threads are bad, try JoMamma. Most of them are friggin Asshats! It's a ton better and nicer here and on Supermotojunkie.com which is my other hang out. Since I ride this.

l_a41bfcd84a74f5686a070f7c12253ee2.jpg

If you think ADVriders on the thumper threads are bad, try JoMamma. Most of them are friggin Asshats! It's a ton better and nicer here and on Supermotojunkie.com which is my other hang out. Since I ride this.

l_a41bfcd84a74f5686a070f7c12253ee2.jpg

Yeah I dropped into JoMamma a couple of times to see what it was all about and realized quickly that it was not my part of town and never posted anything. Like I said in my original post I know many cool guys on that website but it seems for every cool guy I know there are 5 A-holes that counter them. I am VERY glad I came to TT for my fix. And Sniper PLEASE do not be posting pics of your bike up here again if you mind! I do not need to see stuff like that because it makes me want to build one up like yours and Im in enough trouble with my wife because of my motorcycle projects.:prof:

advrider is full of a bunch of posers who put hard cases on their expensive euro bikes and take photos of themselves on some power line or fire road.

i hate that site. plus i hate the word farkle. why the *** would any self-respecting motorcyclists use that stupid word?

i hate that site. plus i hate the word farkle. why the *** would any self-respecting motorcyclists use that stupid word?

Fark if I know!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused::ride:

advrider is full of a bunch of posers who put hard cases on their expensive euro bikes and take photos of themselves on some power line or fire road.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I actually work with the "Hello Kitty" guy from ADV rider. I don't ride with him though. He has a bunch of rare bikes that don't take a beating: the funky cold cagiva, a few KTM's, an ATK, and a heavy BMW that is more of a fire road machine. I know there are about 4 more but they just sit. I don't really have much more to comment on that... :thumbsup:

I found it difficult to get the informaion I was looking for on the ADVrider site. It looked like alot of people were trying to convert a XR to do 600+ mile days on the road and dirt roads. I think I would just get a different bike if that was what I did for riding.

I do agree that this place is much more helpful.

Way to go XR crowd on TT. :thumbsup:

I personally like ADVrider. TT is more of a technical, bike specific forum, so it's great if you're looking for information about your bike. ADVrider is more about going places, no matter what you ride. Yeah, there's a lot of euro-bike snobs on there, but that doesn't bother me. I like the great ride reports, like snowrider's "just another Alaska ride". Those make for some good reading.

i think overall it's a good site but i also hate the word ''farkle'' and on alot of the pics their all giving the middle finger. i dont find that offensive it's just corny. they got a good fourm for the northeast though.

I'll agree with you about the guys on this site.

I've benefitted from advice from several members on this forum who have helped me figure out my XR600R and helped me choose the mods I've managed to put on it.

Had the opportunity to meet up with 10 or 12 of the Cali and Nevada boys for a weekend of fun and riding in the SoCal desert too. Class act , all of them.:thumbsup: