HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manther

Flywheel nut

5 posts in this topic

Missplaced my flywheel nut. wr400 '99. Anything special about this nut? Stainless? Etc... Probably has a flat washer-like back side... Need to go pick up a replacement at home depot. Could try Yamaha but they won't have it in stock, and they'd have to order it, and it will cost $50.

If it was me I would either buy one at the dealer or look on ebay. Someone is always parting one out. They may not have it listed but you could ask them if they have one. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

If it was me I would either buy one at the dealer or look on ebay. Someone is always parting one out. They may not have it listed but you could ask them if they have one. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

I know you're right about the fact that I should get one that is made for the job... But, I don't want to wait on shipping of any sort. I was planning on buying something tonight.

Consider that if the flywheel comes loose due to the wrong nut it will likely destroy the stator and possibly the starter clutch. Big $$$$$. IMO get the right part!

Found the flywheel nut. But when I called Yamaha they said go to home depot... Not sure what I would have done. Just glad I don't have to decide now.