Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lou_cano

subframe

20 posts in this topic

My 2006 450 needs a new subframe. What years will fit on that years modle? I found a 2008 250f on ebay and I'm not sure it will fit on my bike. Please help

My experience with an AC subframe resulted in the mid-pipe bracket cracked, a small cross brace on the upper front broke out, and a cracked weld. I'd try and stick with OEM if I were you.

-erick

Sorry I can't tell you what years will fit on your bike. I can offer this advice. Do not ever buy a sub-frame from AC Racing. Just as well take the money out of your pocket and set it on fire. Their stuff just doesn't fit. Been that way for years.

lou cano im in the same situation as you right now. my 06 also needs a new subframe. have you found anything worth looking at yet? :prof:

If i was you I'd check ebay and see what you can find for used oem subframes. I picked mine up last fall for $50. Good luck

I been looking on Ebay for the last couple days and I couldnt wait around any longer, so about a half hour ago I got a new OEM subframe for $217 shipped! Best deal I could find. It was from my local dealer tho so they hooked me up.

Yes. Thanks alot. But I am broke, so I dicided to fix it myself. I cut the subframe in three pices, strightened it out and I am going to weld it back together. I will post some pics when I am finished.

Yes. Thanks alot. But I am broke, so I dicided to fix it myself. I cut the subframe in three pices, strightened it out and I am going to weld it back together. I will post some pics when I am finished.

hell i would have done that in the first place, if its already broken then your only options are to buy a new one or fix it, not like you need to worry about ruining it since it didn't work. :prof:

My experience with an AC subframe resulted in the mid-pipe bracket cracked, a small cross brace on the upper front broke out, and a cracked weld. I'd try and stick with OEM if I were you.

-erick

My experience with AC subframes are they SUCK! Garbage! And not alot cheaper than stock.

The part numbers are different for 06, 07 and 08 thru Yamaha. Check with AC and see if they make an aftermarket subframe. WD

The part numbers ARE different but 06 to 08 will all interchange. I think the 07 is the cheapest priced though.

My experience with AC subframes are they SUCK! Garbage! ...
Just say what you think, OK? I hate it when you equivocate.

Just say what you think, OK? I hate it when you equivocate.

That is what i think.........And thats putting it mildly.

That is what i think.........And thats putting it mildly.
Alright, but don't be so wishy-washy next time. :prof: