fly wheel pulleer

i need a flywheel puller for my 2002 yzf426 thers loads on ebay but i dont know what 1 to get?? is there a size i should get???

For what it's worth, I just pulled my flywheel using a normal 2 jaw puller. I had to leave the nut on the flywheel to keep the shaft from mushrooming at the end, but the 2 jaw puller and air impact gun took it off with ZERO difficulty. Good luck.

For what it's worth, I just pulled my flywheel using a normal 2 jaw puller. I had to leave the nut on the flywheel to keep the shaft from mushrooming at the end, but the 2 jaw puller and air impact gun took it off with ZERO difficulty. Good luck.
That is an excellent way to destroy a flywheel. By using any puller other than the one designed by the flywheel manufacturer for the purpose, you run the risk of distorting or breaking the flywheel. I've seen it done many times. For the cost of a $15 tool, it ain't worth cutting the corner.

I have to admit, I thought it may be hazardous to the life cycle of the flywheel but I proceeded only because I was in the middle of replacing it with a WR flywheel anyhow. That being said, on the YZ flywheel there was an ideal location for the jaws to grip and it came off with just a quick zip of the impact gun. I was surprised how easy it came off compared to a seadoo PTO or something along those lines.

I'm personally sick of manufacturers designing things that require specialty tools to remove things and I do everything in my power to find workarounds when possible. Watercraft PTO's, jet pump impellers, etc always seem to require special tools when they could simply be removed with a spanner wrench or hex head if the manufacturers weren't so greedy.

I'm personally sick of manufacturers designing things that require specialty tools to remove things and I do everything in my power to find workarounds when possible. Watercraft PTO's, jet pump impellers, etc always seem to require special tools when they could simply be removed with a spanner wrench or hex head if the manufacturers weren't so greedy.
The flywheel and puller, as designed, is a better method of removing the flywheel than any other that could possibly be used. As it is, it will pull the flywheel straight off, and it applies the force only to the steel center hub, and focused at a point near the taper to minimize force. The manufacturers did it this way to provide a superior product, not to increase their direct revenues from tool sales, which they themselves rarely benefit from in any case. Indirectly, the creation of good equipment that is easily and reliably serviceable by the prescribed methods does foster good will among customers, so I suppose it is self serving in that way.

Regardless of whether there is a good place for the jaws of a jaw type wheel puller to grip, pulling it from anywhere on the outer diameter of the flywheel, or any weight welded or bolted to it, is simply wrong, and puts the pulling force on the relatively thin disc holding the magnet ring to the center. This can all too easily cause the disc portion of the flywheel to bend, which will have a variety of unwanted results. You may very well have gotten away with it, but it's wrong nevertheless, and there are literally hundreds of people who didn't get off that light, believe me. Anyone considering trying this needs to understand there is a risk involved.