Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wild Turkey

Need some advice

8 posts in this topic

I made a case saver for my 650l out of 1/16" aluminum today and was wondering how I could get it to adhere to my case. I have some epoxy but I was wondering if anyone else had any better ideas on how to make it stick for good. Thanks. :prof:

1 person likes this

why not make one that bolts on, i dont think one stuck on will help much at all if a chain comes flinging off and whipping towards the counter shaft sprocket. got a pic of what you made? interested to see watcha got.

PS you talking skid plate or chain case saver?? im thinking now your talking skid plate?

why not make one that bolts on, i dont think one stuck on will help much at all if a chain comes flinging off and whipping towards the counter shaft sprocket. got a pic of what you made? interested to see watcha got.

PS you talking skid plate or chain case saver?? im thinking now your talking skid plate?

Hey Dennis, It's a case saver for the left lower part of my case behind the gear shift lever to give my case a little more protection from the lever puncturing through the side of the case if I dump my bike on that side. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Clear RTV is a good way to go. It holds it very well and is a less permanent than something like JB weld. I've used it to hold on clutch cover savers on 650R's on multiple bikes and never had one fall off.........................yet.

+1 on permatex silicone. Lots of sportbikers use it to put on billet case savers and CF ones as well. Never heard of one popping of, at least not yet.

+1 on the silicone. It should work well and be removable. Just be sure to give it time to cure. Depending on the size of you piece it could take a long time for the silicone to completely cure in the center of your piece. It cures by a reaction with water in the air and it could take a week or more for the stuff far from the edges to cure.