Dirt bike 0-60MPH

I have done some searching but to no success.

I am always hearing people ask "what is the top speed of such and such bike"

I have always wondered how fast 0-60mph or 0-30mph, 1/4 mile times of a regular dirt-bike. 250cc (2-stroke)/450cc (4stroke), 125cc(2stroke)/250cc(4stroke) Does anybody know how fast any of these size dirt bikes are?

I know some bikes only have a top speed of 60mph or so. Maybe 0-30mph instead?

Any guesses?

i'd say 0-60 in around 5 seconds. most of their acceleration is 0-60 because of gearing though. I think a 450 dirtbike with out accelerate almost anything to 30.

as far as quarter mile, it doesn't really make sense to race them their. a 450 will top out at like 85mph in 8-10 seconds and then rev limit the rest of the way down. i'd guess they do it in like 12-14 seconds, at best....

it makes more sense to measure a dirtbikes acceleration in 100meter (300 feet) settings.

Thanks everybody! I really had no clue. My cr125 sure feels like it got rockets strapped to it ? (and its stock)

Can you tell I am new to riding :prof::confused:

lol been there done that. I used to think my KDX200 was fast. Then i bought a KX250, man was i wrong. In a few months you will be able to look back at this and laugh. :bonk:

I know in the MXA magazine they do testing on acceleration and stuff like that. The 450's were going 0-60 mph. in about 4.5-5 seconds. And thats on dirt, imagine a 450 with motard tires on ashfault :prof: What if it were a modded one making 63HP?

I also read something like this. The article or test or whatever said that all 450's since 2006 could do 0-60 in under 5 seconds (in dirt).

• Like 1

I know in the MXA magazine they do testing on acceleration and stuff like that. The 450's were going 0-60 mph. in about 4.5-5 seconds. And thats on dirt, imagine a 450 with motard tires on ashfault :prof: What if it were a modded one making 63HP?

keeping the front wheeel on the ground might be.....hard!!!

You can gear most any bike to top out higher than any other bike. A bike geared for wide open riding will top out higher than something geared for tight trails, but the trails bike could give the same wide open bike a run for it's money in 100M.

With the gearing I am running now on the 500; 15:42, I'm sure a track-geared 125 could give me a run for my money. Well... maybe.

CR 500 anybody?

mvi89190001zy9.jpg

Got it covered.

I can never understand why people even worry about how fast it will go! Your not Drag Racing your dirt bike so why worry about it.

Just Ride!!

because it's fun to cross compare different motorsports...

ya, so that'd put a 450 in the range of a 300hp car like the subaru sti or mitsubishi evo. but i'd bet that the 450 would kill the car to 30, and then the car would catch up to even by 60 (and of course be gone after that).

Yester day I went riding with some friends and we took like a 12 mile ride. And on the way back we rode on the side of the freeway and within like 7 seconds of acceleration we were keeping up with the cars that were on the freeway. And in 5th pinned we were going faster, but my bike was getting tired so I had to go the rest on the 8 miles back in 2nd gear:(