Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikesbaron

Which and where (XR600 tank graphics)?

19 posts in this topic

So I'm building up this XR628 and haven't had much luck finding cool tank graphics for it.

100_0109.jpgI'm not down with the XRsonly stuff and even my vast array of aftermarket catalogs: Dennis Kirk, BTO, Motorsprots, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC doesn't seem to carry much for the older bike like mine.

Does someone know where there's a good selection that I can peruse?

Even better do you have a pic of your bike or another with snazzy graphics?

Here is my old XR250 which I really liked the graphics but can't seem to find them anymore. I think Factory Effex used to make them.

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

rearpic.jpg

I bought some Honda Factory EFFEX graphics from here:

http://www.shopmotorcycleonlinestore.com/productdetail.htm?productId=4744554&catalogId=&searchProducts=13-7499#207451

I bought part no. 13-7499 for my '03 XR650L, but they have versions for the older XRs too.

So I'm building up this XR628 and haven't had much luck finding cool tank graphics for it.

100_0109.jpgI'm not down with the XRsonly stuff and even my vast array of aftermarket catalogs: Dennis Kirk, BTO, Motorsprots, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC doesn't seem to carry much for the older bike like mine.

Does someone know where there's a good selection that I can peruse?

Even better do you have a pic of your bike or another with snazzy graphics?

Here is my old XR250 which I really liked the graphics but can't seem to find them anymore. I think Factory Effex used to make them.

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

rearpic.jpg

that's my wifey, phat booty huh? LOL

We need more pics of your wife in order to help you find some graphics for the bike. :prof:

I can't get any pics to show up on the online catalog link above. Anyone else have that prob? How am i supposed to see what they have?

lagoon.jpg

I've looked about everywhere myself. Only luck I've found lately was a seller on e-bay selling actual vinyl tank covers (I bought one, it actually looks pretty nice), or just going with an A-loop kit ($$$$$$$). All the Doxo and FX stuff is getting scarce these days. If you can find it, buy it up. Wont be much of it around anymore.

post pics of your bike with the tank cover.

I'm thinking the only route is going to be RockyMountainatvmc.com or having some custom ones made. I'm sure the OEMs are available for an arm an leg through Honda as well.

aaa3.jpg

aaa2.jpg

aa1.jpg

I haven't ridden it yet as to test the durability, as I'm in the middle of a major overhaul. It seems pretty sturdy. You do have to heat it up a bit to get it to stretch over the tank. Cosmetically I like the look. It comes in a few different color schemes.

This is where I got it. Shipping took forever though, as it is imported.

http://stores.ebay.com/Boliviaxport

I'm Pretty Sure You Have Looked There, But I've Seen Some O E-bay And A Friend Of Mine As Ordered Some, Prety Ok For The Price.

aaa3.jpg

aaa2.jpg

aa1.jpg

I haven't ridden it yet as to test the durability, as I'm in the middle of a major overhaul. It seems pretty sturdy. You do have to heat it up a bit to get it to stretch over the tank. Cosmetically I like the look. It comes in a few different color schemes.

This is where I got it. Shipping took forever though, as it is imported.

http://stores.ebay.com/Boliviaxport

any opinion on how these wud fit on a Clarke 4.0 ???

TIA,

Kenny

any opinion on how these wud fit on a Clarke 4.0 ???

TIA,

Kenny

It wont. Its a tight fit on the stock tank.