Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikesbaron

Need banjo bolt torque specs.

8 posts in this topic

XR650R, rear banjo bolts (in particular the one that bolts to the mc), can't seem to find their specs anywhere. I'm tracking a manual down as we speak but if you could help I would appreciate it much.

25 ft lbs (Arent all bikes the same?)

But with anything that has a crush washer, I go by feel. When the washer has been crushed you will feel it and it is tight enough.

thanks yall. Yeah I found the pdf manual and downloaded that sucker. I assumed all banjos were the same but believe it or not coudn't find it in my old XR250r manual I had lying around oh well.

25 ft lbs (Arent all bikes the same?)

But with anything that has a crush washer, I go by feel. When the washer has been crushed you will feel it and it is tight enough.

most dont have that "feel" of someone whos used wrenches alot so a torque wrench is your best friend on alot of bolts on an aluminum engine and other stuff. definitely an investement that will save you in the long run if your a torque monster like i USED to be!!

With the new banjo bolt brake switch I added there's no room now between subframe spar and bolt for me to use a torque wrench. I had to cinch by feel afterall. :prof: