HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cracker_Box

Mounting Cycra handguards Front brake problems

5 posts in this topic

Since the brake line/banjo fitting is at the bottom of the master cylinder I was wondering what you guys have done to make your handguards fit?

I know that someone ele has had to have the same problem. I do not feel like running my lever pointing at the sky or the ground.

Any tips?

You can grind off the nub that holds the line in 1 position, rotate the line so it clears giving you more room.

I added bar risers so it was not an issue with mine.

FYI, mine are triple clamp mounts.

Since the brake line/banjo fitting is at the bottom of the master cylinder I was wondering what you guys have done to make your handguards fit?

I know that someone ele has had to have the same problem. I do not feel like running my lever pointing at the sky or the ground.

Any tips?

I have those handguards on my 07 wr. You might have to loosen up the banjo bolt a little bit to adjust the angle, in the end you might have to make some kind of compromise on the angle of the brake/handguard. I'm assuming you have the bar mounts, someone with triple clamp mounts might have something different to suggest.

I've done mine 2 differnt ways. 1) turn the brake line over at the M/C to make it point out of the M/C the other way and 2) take it out of the 2 guides at the M/C and and put it on the top guide.

I went with the side triple clamp mount. You still need to a bit of grinding to get them to fit. The end result is no interferance whatsoever. You are free to have the levers at any angle.

The do also have a U handle bar mount. I haven't heard how much more freedom they offer offer.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515502