Rear Tire Size for XR650L (2007)

Hey all:

I want to buy some Continental TKC-80 tires for my XR; I have to get them mail order and wonder if anyone's had experience using their 140/80-21 size tires. The 140 (I'm assuming that means 140mm wide) is wider than the stock 120s and tire dealer's unsure if it would cause problems. Any 411 would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Tony

bad thing about TT store and tires is i just ordered my dunlop 606 and got it for $85 to my door (130/80) and TT store showed $115 but i know this doesnt compare to online sites so i guess i just had to do a little searching. I tried to support TT store but sorry im not paying an extra $25 or so if i dont have to with the prices of everything else these days.

bad thing about TT store and tires is i just ordered my dunlop 606 and got it for $85 to my door (130/80) and TT store showed $115 but i know this doesnt compare to online sites so i guess i just had to do a little searching. I tried to support TT store but sorry im not paying an extra $25 or so if i dont have to with the prices of everything else these days.

All you would have had to do was call TT with your best advertised price and they would beat that price.

MT21? How does yours wear?

I got 700 miles out of the last one, a 130/90. It was BALD.

I'm running the Pirelli Scorpion AT it is a MT90 140/80 more street oriented and it seems to wear very little but grips very well. I think on the extra set of wheels I'm going to purchase I will mount up some Metzler MCE Karoo's for more agressive dirt use.

So far I've got 600 miles on my 130/90-18 Pirelli MT21s and they are about half gone. I think I'll probably get around 1200 miles on them. Must be differences in our riding styles or areas. I've ridden mostly off road with mine about 70% dirt 30% pavement.

MT21? How does yours wear?

I got 700 miles out of the last one, a 130/90. It was BALD.

All you would have had to do was call TT with your best advertised price and they would beat that price.

you really think if there showing a price of $115 in the store that there gonna bring that all the way down to $68 for an online site?? $47 price drop + the 10% ill try it next time i get something with that big a price difference but i dunno.

• 2 years later...

It's really turned into a rich mans sport these days, I'm about out of the game.:ride:

• 2 weeks later...