Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Medic63

Rear Tire Size for XR650L (2007)

19 posts in this topic

Hey all:

I want to buy some Continental TKC-80 tires for my XR; I have to get them mail order and wonder if anyone's had experience using their 140/80-21 size tires. The 140 (I'm assuming that means 140mm wide) is wider than the stock 120s and tire dealer's unsure if it would cause problems. Any 411 would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Tony

I'm sure that you meant 140/80-18 not 21. There are several reports here of people using that tire. I'd say that means it fits.

Do a search on TKC-80 in this forum and you will see plenty of people using that tire.

ThumperTalk store has a 110% price guarantee and will beat their price if you are not already using them. I use the Pirelli at in a 140 on mine with no fitment issues.

bad thing about TT store and tires is i just ordered my dunlop 606 and got it for $85 to my door (130/80) and TT store showed $115 but i know this doesnt compare to online sites so i guess i just had to do a little searching. I tried to support TT store but sorry im not paying an extra $25 or so if i dont have to with the prices of everything else these days.

ThumperTalk store has a 110% price guarantee and will beat their price if you are not already using them. I use the Pirelli at in a 140 on mine with no fitment issues.

MT21? How does yours wear?

I got 700 miles out of the last one, a 130/90. It was BALD.

bad thing about TT store and tires is i just ordered my dunlop 606 and got it for $85 to my door (130/80) and TT store showed $115 but i know this doesnt compare to online sites so i guess i just had to do a little searching. I tried to support TT store but sorry im not paying an extra $25 or so if i dont have to with the prices of everything else these days.

All you would have had to do was call TT with your best advertised price and they would beat that price.

I'm running the Pirelli Scorpion AT it is a MT90 140/80 more street oriented and it seems to wear very little but grips very well. I think on the extra set of wheels I'm going to purchase I will mount up some Metzler MCE Karoo's for more agressive dirt use.

This is the 140 TKC. It will fit fine and you will like it very much. This is a true 50/50 tire.

ColdXR003.jpg

XR650L2.jpg

So far I've got 600 miles on my 130/90-18 Pirelli MT21s and they are about half gone. I think I'll probably get around 1200 miles on them. Must be differences in our riding styles or areas. I've ridden mostly off road with mine about 70% dirt 30% pavement.

So far I've got 600 miles on my 130/90-18 Pirelli MT21s and they are about half gone. I think I'll probably get around 1200 miles on them. Must be differences in our riding styles or areas. I've ridden mostly off road with mine about 70% dirt 30% pavement.

That makes sense, I'm 60/40 street/dirt.

This is the 140 TKC. It will fit fine and you will like it very much. This is a true 50/50 tire.

ColdXR003.jpg

XR650L2.jpg

50/50 ?

It looks more like a 70/30 to me ?

All you would have had to do was call TT with your best advertised price and they would beat that price.

you really think if there showing a price of $115 in the store that there gonna bring that all the way down to $68 for an online site?? $47 price drop + the 10% ill try it next time i get something with that big a price difference but i dunno.

50/50 ?

It looks more like a 70/30 to me ?

70?/30? dirt street. Either way I would say it is still a 50/50 tire. A little pricey but they have impressed me for what they are on both the street and the dirt.

I believe it works, but you may have to remove the chain guard and the tabs that attach it to the swing arm in order to clear the extra width. Let me know how it worked out if you can. thx.

It's really turned into a rich mans sport these days, I'm about out of the game.:ride:

What is it with PhotoBucket?

Too often I see:

Deleted by PhotoBucket

Is there another Website

we can use for Photos?