Re-jet witj Dr.D pipe on `08 450

They recommend a 162 main jet, stock pilot and 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw. I'd try that.

I'm at low altitude as the OP, but the jetting specs recommended by Dr.D are not even close to what I used for mine. I can't remember exactly which jets I ended up with, but it was not anything like stock or what Dr.D suggested. The bike would overheat, backfire, and ran like crap with either of those jetting specs. I'll see if I can remember what the specs were. Lots of factors besides altitude will affect jetting, so if I were you I'd get myself a handful of jets, smaller and bigger than stock and start playing with it. The topic has been brought up many times before, so search and you'll find some tips if not the exact answer.

They recommend a 162 main jet, stock pilot and 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw. I'd try that.

I tried a number of different combos in my 07 with the Dubach exhaust. I ended up with 162 main, stock pilot and 2.5 - 3.0 turns on fuel screw...as recommended.

I have the 08 and live around the Sacramento area. With the Dr. D stuff I put in a 48 pilot and a 165 main and run the fuel screw at about 1-1/4 out and it rips!! I have tried a few combos and this works the best for me!!

I have the 08 and live around the Sacramento area. With the Dr. D stuff I put in a 48 pilot and a 165 main and run the fuel screw at about 1-1/4 out and it rips!! I have tried a few combos and this works the best for me!!

I think that's pretty close to what I'm running.

I'm at low altitude as the OP, but the jetting specs recommended by Dr.D are not even close to what I used for mine. I can't remember exactly which jets I ended up with, but it was not anything like stock or what Dr.D suggested. The bike would overheat, backfire, and ran like crap with either of those jetting specs. I'll see if I can remember what the specs were. Lots of factors besides altitude will affect jetting, so if I were you I'd get myself a handful of jets, smaller and bigger than stock and start playing with it. The topic has been brought up many times before, so search and you'll find some tips if not the exact answer.

Did you do the jetting yourself? Or did somebody else?