What fits, What hits? R parts on an L

Does anybody have a list of what is interchangeable? Exhaust seat covers side panels fenders. I'm fixing up a 93 xrl, I'm also cheap and want to use anything available, but not waste money. I can do some modifying, welding as needed. any help is appreciated :excuseme::confused:

Does anybody have a list of what is interchangeable? Exhaust seat covers side panels fenders. I'm fixing up a 93 xrl, I'm also cheap and want to use anything available, but not waste money. I can do some modifying, welding as needed. any help is appreciated :excuseme::confused:

Where to begin....

They seem to share most of the same stuff. Easy mods to anything can be made to work.

I don't get it. Are you talking about a 1993 XR600L and a XR650R? No parts are interchangable.

Sure there are...there's tires, tubes, gas, oil. I think that's about it.:confused:

No, I'm pretty sure that Honda gets all the R stuff off a 'special' R shelf, where each OEM part has been Soichiro-blessed specifically for the R; I think they even use special "R-air" in the tires, for superior resistance to puncture.

No, I'm pretty sure that Honda gets all the R stuff off a 'special' R shelf, where each OEM part has been Soichiro-blessed specifically for the R; I think they even use special "R-air" in the tires, for superior resistance to puncture.

Yes, but it's only a marketing scheme to get more money. If you trace that special "R" air hose back to the compressor you will find a "T" that supplies the "L" hose with air from the same tank. It's just a ploy to penalize us "R" owners for having a superior, liquid cooled, man start only, @ss kicking machine. Damn, these rivalries are just toooo easy. :confused:

Thanks guys, I thought a bunch of the 650r stuff would fit. I've only had the bike about a week, guess i need to read up a little bit before I start buying parts. So just about everything off of a 600 will fit?