What fits, What hits? R parts on an L

Does anybody have a list of what is interchangeable? Exhaust seat covers side panels fenders. I'm fixing up a 93 xrl, I'm also cheap and want to use anything available, but not waste money. I can do some modifying, welding as needed. any help is appreciated :excuseme::confused:

Does anybody have a list of what is interchangeable? Exhaust seat covers side panels fenders. I'm fixing up a 93 xrl, I'm also cheap and want to use anything available, but not waste money. I can do some modifying, welding as needed. any help is appreciated :excuseme::confused:

Where to begin....

They seem to share most of the same stuff. Easy mods to anything can be made to work.

I don't get it. Are you talking about a 1993 XR600L and a XR650R? No parts are interchangable.

Many XR600R parts fit an XR650L- they are almost the same bike, in many ways.

No XR650R parts (except trivial stuff like bars) will fit an XR650L or an XR600R.

Dave

Where to begin....

They seem to share most of the same stuff. Easy mods to anything can be made to work.

I'm going out on a limb and saying our beloved moderator was thinking he meant a XR600R....:confused:

I'm going out on a limb and saying our beloved moderator was thinking he meant a XR600R....:confused:

Come on man! You dont think I would post something like that??:excuseme:

I don't get it. Are you talking about a 1993 XR600L and a XR650R? No parts are interchangable.

Sure there are...there's tires, tubes, gas, oil. I think that's about it.:confused:

Sure there are...there's tires, tubes, gas, oil. I think that's about it.:confused:

Grips?

Grips?

Grips...man, I can't believe I forgot that one. :confused:

No, I'm pretty sure that Honda gets all the R stuff off a 'special' R shelf, where each OEM part has been Soichiro-blessed specifically for the R; I think they even use special "R-air" in the tires, for superior resistance to puncture.

No, I'm pretty sure that Honda gets all the R stuff off a 'special' R shelf, where each OEM part has been Soichiro-blessed specifically for the R; I think they even use special "R-air" in the tires, for superior resistance to puncture.

Yes, but it's only a marketing scheme to get more money. If you trace that special "R" air hose back to the compressor you will find a "T" that supplies the "L" hose with air from the same tank. It's just a ploy to penalize us "R" owners for having a superior, liquid cooled, man start only, @ss kicking machine. Damn, these rivalries are just toooo easy. :confused:

Thanks guys, I thought a bunch of the 650r stuff would fit. I've only had the bike about a week, guess i need to read up a little bit before I start buying parts. So just about everything off of a 600 will fit?

Thanks guys, I thought a bunch of the 650r stuff would fit. I've only had the bike about a week, guess i need to read up a little bit before I start buying parts. So just about everything off of a 600 will fit?

Yes.

Dave

I think they even use special "R-air" in the tires, for superior resistance to puncture.

Uh-oh! I let out all my R-air when I swapped tires.

1. Is R-air dangerous? I'm sure I must have breathed some.

2. Can I get more?