Multi-switch

2394298794_4a09d259ca_b.jpg

Close-up of the Speedo

2393447557_537ac84ea1_b.jpg

Horn

2393446207_c4c2aeaa0e_b.jpg

Mess of wires

2394274762_4026b0312e_b.jpg

Where did you find the ignition bezel/plate? I've been looking for one!

Could you also post a better pic of the rear switch, I cant see how you mounted the spring tot he pedal. I had a hydraulic switch but it failed on me and I can't seem to figure out the right place to mount a mechanical one on my bike.

:thumbsup:

Could you also post a better pic of the rear switch, I cant see how you mounted the spring tot he pedal. I had a hydraulic switch but it failed on me and I can't seem to figure out the right place to mount a mechanical one on my bike.

I think the ignition speedo mounting bracket Frank used was off an 83 XR200R, the one I used was home made, out of some scrap metal.

The speedo bracket is from a XR200R as is the speedo.

The ignition switch bracket is homemade from a piece of extruded aluminum angle.

AEmedic,your bike is coming along nicely.Very clean.I got all my lights working today,but still got to wire from the stator to battery.

A note on the H4 plugs, you can get them at auto parts stores. They usually have a few different 'sockets' or pigtails on the shelves.

A note on the H4 plugs, you can get them at auto parts stores. They usually have a few different 'sockets' or pigtails on the shelves.

Will the stock headlight work with a H4 bulb?

I don't know if I mentioned it,but I got 2 very small 12V fans from skycraftsurplus.com to use as cooling fans.I hope to have them mounted soon.

Will the stock headlight work with a H4 bulb?

I don't know if I mentioned it,but I got 2 very small 12V fans from skycraftsurplus.com to use as cooling fans.I hope to have them mounted soon.

I was referring to the guys who are replacing the stock plastic light with a glass one from the xr500.

The H4 bulb may fit with some modification in the stocker but the plastic lens wouldn't last long.

I figured you were talking to those of us that got the older style lens.

Speaking of which, I got mine the other day and it is surprising that the design is exactly the same except it is glass. All the mounts are the same as the one on the 2007.