Rear fender rack

I'm looking for a rear fender rack for my L with the Maier MX fender. Anyone know of a nice rack that will fit. I bought one from Xrs only and the Maier fender is to high for the side rails. :confused:

Try the Pro Moto Billet rack. I run a rear CRF450 fender and all is good!

Thanks Martin.

Give the black one on ebay a look unless you need to carry heavy loads. It is not good for big weight but it looks cool and is well made. Cheap too. I keep a tail pack on mine for the small necessities on the road/trail.

This rack is awesome. Just a bit pricey though, and very strong.

100_7810.jpg

100_7724.jpg

A little overloaded, but handles it.

Give the black one on ebay a look unless you need to carry heavy loads. It is not good for big weight but it looks cool and is well made. Cheap too. I keep a tail pack on mine for the small necessities on the road/trail.

Don't get me wrong - The RACK will stand up to anything. It's your framework under the fender that won't hold up to any serious weight because of the simple way the rack mounts to the bike.

Don't get me wrong - The RACK will stand up to anything. It's your framework under the fender that won't hold up to any serious weight because of the simple way the rack mounts to the bike.

Very true. My L will see some serious downsizing load wise next time.

when u install a rack on a L are the installation points strong enough to use the rack as a handhold to lift and move the rear of the bike around???

TIA

when u install a rack on a L are the installation points strong enough to use the rack as a handhold to lift and move the rear of the bike around???

TIA

With my PMB rack, yes.

TIA

I wouldn't do it with my ebay rack. You can feel the framework under the fender flexing. I like it though. The only way to beat it is to spend way more money. It is great for the price. If you are looking to haul some expedition-type weight I would look elsewhere and dig a little deeper into my pockets. It makes a great every day rack though. Looks good on my '06 too. The black rack flows well with the color scheme on pigs with the black-topped seat.

221330081.jpg

Do you mean this one? It requires longer mounts to accommodate the Maier fender. Besides welding longer mounts, I welded them to the inside of rack since the stock turn signal mounts are no longer there.

Yeah. That's the one. Thanks for the pic. Guess it won't work with the maier fender without mods though. You did a great job on it.

Very true. My L will see some serious downsizing load wise next time.

I meant the ebay rack Martin. I don't know about yours, but it looks like it will carry plenty of weight by your pics! When the time comes (July) I'm going to find out just how much mine will carry. It's going westward on the TAT and it will be loaded to the max I am sure. :confused:

:excuseme: Now there's a rack for BIG loads. It seems a bit overkill for every day use however. Haven't seen anything to beat it for expeditions though - short of something custom built that is. Those Aussies can make the best custom "monster" expedition racks from what I have seen. For heavy duty "bolt on", that one looks to be in a class by itself.

There's your rack Kenzo. You could lift your entire bike 100 feet off the ground and swing it in circles by that one! :confused:

:excuseme: Now there's a rack for BIG loads. It seems a bit overkill for every day use however. Haven't seen anything to beat it for expeditions though - short of something custom built that is. Those Aussies can make the best custom "monster" expedition racks from what I have seen. For heavy duty "bolt on", that one looks to be in a class by itself.

There's your rack Kenzo. You could lift your entire bike 100 feet off the ground and swing it in circles by that one! :confused:

if i need a "pack mule" i'll take the KLR :excuseme:

i just want sum real estate to stash my chit...a grab point is a big plus...

...i'm sorry but the cyclerack's rack is fugly...yeah i'm a poser :sweden:

:crazy:

I love my happy-trail.com rack. Super strong even without the center fender bracket being used. I have a Maier rear motocross fender and everything cleared just fine, but you will either have to cut the center tab bracket that goes down to the little fender subframe, or just cut a hole in the fender and let it hang in mid air under the fender as I did. 4500 miles in Baja with about 50lbs on the rack and not a single problem. I can put my entire weight on the thing and not feel any flex. And the powder coating is near indestructible, but I am trying my best:thumbsup:.