side panel for 650l batt. mod

:confused: Sorry to re-re-re- hash this because I know its already been covered, but I switched my battery to underneath my seat (air box mod) and got rid of the big black tumor, but now I need to know what is the best side cover for it. And yes it does also start better with the new smaller battery. :excuseme:

yeah a few things need to be done to make them fit. you're gonna need to drill out the rivets on the extendo bracket for the rearmost dzus fitting. you need to drill out all four rivets...two holding the bracket to the box, and two holding the dzus fitting to the bracket. then just rivet the dzus deal onto the back side of the tab on the box. ok that's the hardest part...i hope you're all still with me:bonk:

after that you need to trim the panel to clear the shock res. and the seat strap and she should bolt...err...dzus right on!

i haven't installed the muffler side panel yet because it didn't come with the heat resistant adhesive foil or whatever it has stock, so i don't know what the deal is with that:excuseme:

i think the fit could be better, but i'm just happy my bike doesn't look like dumbo from behind now:ride:

::edit:: my panels are acerbis by the way. please post back on how the ufo ones fit

I have had that seat strap help me bull dog it around on a tight switchback, but I mounted mine in back of the seat. Great Great looking bike! I am going to order mine tomorow. BTW I have the same zip ty plate location, but used some Led lites for blinkers. What brand Knobby is on your rear, and is that heat tape on your exhaust hdr?

thermo tech exhaust wrapclick

dunlop D606 front 90/90-21 rear 130/90-18click

WPS dualsport taillightclick

new tire not mounted dunlop D739 AT 120/100-18

and the last mod to this bike will be the usd forks shown in the bottom left of my second pic on the previous page. funny thing is that those forks were the first thing i bought for the bike :prof:

What do you think of the UFO panels? Fit? Finish? Any mods? Thanks!

BTW, it looks great...

I am very happy with UFO. Fit, finish are excellent.

The only thing you have to do, is transfer the twist screws to the new panel.

Then drill the two rivets that hold the rear most bracket to the air box. Drill the two other rivets that hold the "nut" to the bracket.

Then rivet the "nut" to where you removed the bracket.

Cake...

DO IT!!! If you have relo'd the battery.

DO IT!!! If you have relo'd the battery.

Relocating my batt. is probably my next project. Then I need to stop working on it and spending money for a while or else I'll have to pay for a divorce.:prof: Well... maybe a new gas tank, too. :bonk:

couple pics

DSC00860.jpg

DSC00861.jpg

Mate that job looks great!!!

You almost could not tell the difference between that and the 600R.

Very XR600R ish. I also like the small rear taillight.

Funny how we all mod our bikes - as you may know I took my XR600 closer to 650L status by adding electric start (as well as a few other things.

Would be great to get our pigs all together once and do a ride - maybe via colorado. Alas that would be a long trip for me to get there from Australia.

Mate that job looks great!!!

You almost could not tell the difference between that and the 600R.

Very XR600R ish. I also like the small rear taillight.

Funny how we all mod our bikes - as you may know I took my XR600 closer to 650L status by adding electric start (as well as a few other things.

Would be great to get our pigs all together once and do a ride - maybe via colorado. Alas that would be a long trip for me to get there from Australia.

If you came state side, I would definately show! Thanks for all the good tips and info...