Here's what I found

Ok, so in taking the bike apart, got into the cams and it appears that the intake cam is starved for oil. We believe that the intake cam jumped timing because of this.

When I looked at the smooth part where the cam rotates in the head, it's marred up, like it was starved for oil, along with the cam journals.

Pulled the head apart, I didn't find anything wrong with the piston, rings, or cyclinder. The chunk of metal we found earlier, looks kinda like a piece of a gasket. Still not sure where it came from.

I don't know if this caused a blockage in an oil passage or what.

I guess rip into the bottom end? Not sure where else to go...

Carefully inspect the oil pump, and the seal that passes oil to the crankshaft from the case cover.

Can a chunk of that block oil flow to the intake cam?

Do you think the head can be saved where the cams have scored the journals?

Can a chunk of that block oil flow to the intake cam?

Do you think the head can be saved where the cams have scored the journals?

Try Engine Dynamics. I haven't used them personnaly, but they have a rep for working miracles...

The head can be repaired. Contact either Millenium Technologies or Engine Dynamics.

The oil passage leading up to the head is probably not blocked, although you should get out the book and trace them all to be sure. What you more likely had is a loss of of pressure that related in a failure to raise oil all the way to the top. That's where the crossover seal in the case cover can cause trouble if it leaks too much.