Dr D pipe owners

I just installed this Dr D slip on that had only a few hours on it. It fits nice but doesnt have a clamp between the head pipe and the silencer. And is doesnt go all that far into each other.1/4 maybe? Isnt this thing going to leak?

Man, my bike always looks dirtier in pictures than it does sitting in my garge

Thanks

309785125.jpg

309785153.jpg

308626958.jpg

None of the newer Dr. D exhausts use clamps, I don't think the old ones did either but I'm not 100% sure. Typically it's a tight fit, no leaking. The Dr. D build quality is top shelf.

that is a big pig...

I just installed this Dr D slip on that had only a few hours on it. It fits nice but doesnt have a clamp between the head pipe and the silencer. And is doesnt go all that far into each other.1/4 maybe? Isnt this thing going to leak?

Man, my bike always looks dirtier in pictures than it does sitting in my garge

Thanks

309785125.jpg

309785153.jpg

308626958.jpg

I believe the reason it doesn't fit right is that your missing the dr d headpipe..which is a little longer than stock. I don't even think dr d sells slip ons...only full systems.

I don't even think dr d sells slip ons...only full systems.

he does/or did sell slip ons...I had one on my '05 and '03 YZ450F

I thought the S.S. model had a special headpipe.

he does/or did sell slip ons...I had one on my '05 and '03 YZ450F

You actually bought a slip on for an 05? That must have been the last year they made slip on's then. I thought they always just made and sold the full system. Anyway's if the header is only sticking into the muffler an eighth or quarter inch, that is not enough i think.

yes for an '05, you can still buy them at motosport.com too and I'm sure directly from Dubach...

Ah the fun of slipons......Just get some high temp gasket sealer and - use this on the stock header - use liberal amt and let set up 24hrs.

I believe the reason it doesn't fit right is that your missing the dr d headpipe..which is a little longer than stock. I don't even think dr d sells slip ons...only full systems.

Dr. D does sell slip ons, I sell them myself. :confused::excuseme:

Dr. D does sell slip ons, I sell them myself. :confused::excuseme:

They sell slip ons for the current 450's? Like 06 - 08?????

I cannot advertise here so I must say check the TT store or the Dr. D web site, but I show slip ons for only up to 2005 yzf and 2006 wr (part# 2004). The later models are all complete exhausts.

AFAIK, DRD sells slip-ons for quads only as of a couple of years ago. I have two of his last two catalogs, and have checked the web site, and I don't see any for MX 4-strokes.

Here's a copy/paste from the 2008 dealer price sheet. It doesn't format well on here so I tried to use colors. It shows part# 2004 is a slip on for YZF 03-05 and WR 03-06, MSRP $360.

Part# MX Stainless Steel Exhaust Parts and Price List Retail

2004 SA Slip On SS/AL YZF/WR450 03-05 WR 03-06 360

There are also slip ons for 07' KTM 450 and several quads.