HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markryam

stock powerbomb header - what a joke!!

7 posts in this topic

well i had the back end off the 08 yz450f this morning, and i thought id shine a torch inside the header and see if its lean/rich. to my amazement the powerbomb on the stock header has a pipe inside welded in so its literally a straight through pipe!!!!!

this to me is a complete con. you think your getting a nice good header so you go out and buy just a slip on silencer - and in reality your not getting exactly what you thought you were!!!

how dissapointing.

so i now have a white bros slip on for sale - as my full akrapovic system is on it's way!

mark.

Was the pipe in the middle perforated? The power-bomb type headers I've seen have all had pipes right through, but the pipe is perforated.

The straight through pipe actually has a couple holes drilled in it. The new FMF poerbombs are the same way. The first powerbomb FMF came out with had a perferated core, then they redesigned it a couple years ago and now it is a straight through pipe with 4 small holes drilled in it.

its deffo straight through - i checked with a flex head mirror and a flexi torch.