Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brtp4

XRL > CRF Fork swap brake question

6 posts in this topic

I am wrapping up installing CRF forks on my L, and ran into a brake caliper mounting issue. Or non-issue, hopefully.

I have heard that the L caliper swaps onto the CRF forks, but the carrier does not line up. Do I need to get a CRF carrier (only) or a complete CRF caliper?

BP

Im using CR forks on my XRR, and I wound up using CR caliper brkt and XR caliper w/CR Frt wheel. Not sure 'bout the CRF stuff , but should be similar

Thanks Coolidge. I have always heard that the calipers were same, so my guess is that the bracket is what is different.

BP

Are you going with the 320 mm rotor? I did and I had a bracket for a 2003 crf my buddy gave me with the EBC kit. I bought 2004 CRF 450 forks and the caliper braket did not work. make sure you know the year of the forks you are using. Had to buy the correct braket for a 2004 for 100 buck:crazy: . just to get it to work. The conversion works great on the street. no more death wabble all the way to 107mph!

Are you going with the 320 mm rotor? I did and I had a bracket for a 2003 crf my buddy gave me with the EBC kit. I bought 2004 CRF 450 forks and the caliper braket did not work. make sure you know the year of the forks you are using. Had to buy the correct braket for a 2004 for 100 buck:crazy: . just to get it to work. The conversion works great on the street. no more death wabble all the way to 107mph!

No, I am using the stock CRF-X rotor, which I think is 260 or 265mm. I would like to get a bigger rotor but I need to figure out the mounting first. I use the bike off-road a lot so I think the 320 is a little big.

BP

I thought the 320 would be to much off road too. Was to laze to swap to the stock rotor last year for the sheetiron DS ride and left the big one on and it work Great(not too touchy) Glad now,no more switching. Give it a try offroad you mite like it.