edelbrock+xr650r= happy me :)

Installed my edelbrock on my 01 xr650r yesterday. HRC intake, stock header with white brothers e-2 disc exhaust, and side panel open. edelbrock set @ 12 clicks from full rich, pumper 1.5 turns out and @ 930ft elevation. Runs like a rapped ape. no more flat spots started 1st kick. I think this is as close to fuel injected bike as u can get. Best money spent thus far in my opinion :confused:

cool! where did you buy it from?

cool! where did you buy it from?

flea bay 379.99 free shipping.

Installed my edelbrock on my 01 xr650r yesterday. HRC intake, stock header with white brothers e-2 disc exhaust, and side panel open. edelbrock set @ 12 clicks from full rich, pumper 1.5 turns out and @ 930ft elevation. Runs like a rapped ape. no more flat spots started 1st kick. I think this is as close to fuel injected bike as u can get. Best money spent thus far in my opinion :confused:

I feel your pleasure.:excuseme:

My stock carburetor has done nothing but give me trouble.

Some of the riding I do has elevation changes in the 5 thousand feet range so the Edelbrock should help with that.

And with my 7 gallon super tank on it is a real pain getting back to fiddle with the carb.

So now I finally broke down and spend the 380 dollars for the edelbrock listed in ebay.

Lets hope this puts an to the starting problems my 650 has had.:thumbsup:

I'd be truely suprised if edelbrock does not correct and improve your carb issues. best mod to date on my bike if not for the ease of starting the brp alone.:thumbsup:

Alright so I paid for the Edelbrock on April 5.

A week later I send an email asking if it had been shipped yet.

Email returned saying "Yes Thank You."

Today I call them and find out it has not been shipped and it will be another week before it is shipped.

This is a bunch of bull.

Edelbrock Pumper carbs, you love 'em or hate 'em. Kinda funny how riders won't think twice about spending 400 bucks on an aftermarket exhaust, which in most cases adds very little to the bikes performance, when instead could spend that coin on an Eddie which is one of the best mods for the 650R, but thats just my opinion.

Where did you get you HRC intake?

I have posted this before but I think it's worth repeating - One important Edelbrock modification is to round off the sharp right corner of the top hold down clamp (the U shaped piece), it can wear a hole in the bottom of the gas tank. If you have an Edelbrock on a 650r, next time you pull the tank off, check the inside of the tanks frame well to make sure you aren't wearing a hole in it.

Love my eddie...........

Love my eddie...........

+1. I learned something worthwhile on the Yahoo BRP group recently- Thumpage (Rich Tracy) recommended leaning out the pump-shot for better "crispness".

Yes.

According the Edelbrock, the recommended starting point is 1.5 turns out on the adjustment screw. I'm currently at ~2.25 turns out now and it is in fact, "crisper."

Try it- takes a couple minutes with a 10mm wrench and a flat-blade screwdriver.

+1. I learned something worthwhile on the Yahoo BRP group recently- Thumpage (Rich Tracy) recommended leaning out the pump-shot for better "crispness".

Yes.

According the Edelbrock, the recommended starting point is 1.5 turns out on the adjustment screw. I'm currently at ~2.25 turns out now and it is in fact, "crisper."

Yep that is a simple adjustment that makes a huge difference is a gurbly bike or one that jumps out of your lap.

Yes.

Hmmmm... I'm not getting any 'stumblys' or 'gurgles', but it always can get better right?

What about an HRC kit for more top end, combined with the Edle? On paper it seems like it would be great, but does the Edle do well with the extra gas demanded with the hotter cam?

You can keep dialing the edelbrock fatter and fatter....click after click, needle after needle.

If you are looking to buy a Edelbrock carburetor, you may want to avoid ATVgalaxy on ebay. I send them 380 almost four weeks ago nothing yet.:eek:

Thumper 605 I don't know if it makes any differance , but I talked to Edlebrock last week and the kit for the 650R is currently on backorder.I think Barnums said mine will probably ship out next week. ATV galaxy's auction on Ebay seems to state that they have some available? Hope you recieve your kit soon. I can't wait to get mine. Ordered a 68s pilot jet at the Honda shop today for $10:bonk: The upside is my plate for my recently purchased 650R was there:applause: I am legal(kinda)