HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Traskrider

going nutz!!

7 posts in this topic

The choice for exhaust is making me nuts ! i'm looking for low end and mid range on my 07 WR450 tight trail and hillclimbs 1st and 2nd gear stuff i dont ride wide open enough to worry about top end any advice ? I've searched forums but cant get much from em. alot great stuff but not quite what i'm looking fer just yet,

LIke i've said to everyone, the guy who rides yamahas for a lving will know the weak points best. Do yourself a favor and give Doug a call 877 - DUBACH1

(382-2241)

Any quality aftermarket exhaust is going to improve things across the rev range. If you really want to make a difference down low, change your gearing...SC

The choice for exhaust is making me nuts ! i'm looking for low end and mid range on my 07 WR450 tight trail and hillclimbs 1st and 2nd gear stuff i dont ride wide open enough to worry about top end any advice ? I've searched forums but cant get much from em. alot great stuff but not quite what i'm looking fer just yet,

I have a 07 WR 450 and put on the FMF Powercore TI. It's an awesome pipe with great sound and perfomance. Give it a shot:thumbsup:

I've never thought that my wr450 was lacking power that a slight twist of the wrist couldn't solve. I have both a stock pipe and an fmf factory 4. The aftermarket is a little better, but it doesn't really help me climb hills.

What helped me there was to change me gearing from 14/50 to 13/48. It now crawls very nicely up hills so long as I stay on the gas. I think that the 07 is geared differently than the 05's

Just an opinion.

For Trask and TSF I would grab 2 more teeth in the rear before I worried about a pipe. But if you want a pipe I would find one with several end caps so you can tune it power and sound wise to your desired set up.

Dr. D is supposed to be one of the best. I personally run a PC 496 and have tried both the short and long White Bros E-series with all sorts of disk combinations (never really liked it) the Pro Circuit is ok, mainly its just lighter then stock. Stock is hard to beat when its uncorked but then its way too loud. I have both the Pro Moto billet end cap and GYTR end cap and must say the Yamaha GYTR is better and it only costs $45 bucks to pass sound.

I second (third, whatever) the motion on changing sprokets. I went down to a 13 up front and she crawls really good in the tight stuff.