Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zedthumper

04 yz 450 pipe upgrade

6 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I am contemplating a putting a new pipe on my yz, and leaning to the fmf factory 4.1 full system (powerbomb header). The bike runs well with the stock pipe, but I want to personlize it a bit and add some bling.

Any thoughts on whether this pipe is a good choice? My local shop recommends this pipe, but I thought I would check here to get some real world experience and feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Hey that looks like a great article. thanks for the tip!

I will now go back and read it in detail...

You cannot go wrong with that pipe. I don't know if the pipe makers have upgraded their pipes for previous yr bikes but in 04 that pipe produced the most hp for that bike.

I have an 03 and wanted the FMF BUT went w/ a WB Aluminum Pro because I got it cheap on eBay. I am not sorry because it is also a good pipe and I felt a big dif. FMF, WB, Dr.D , Procircut - their stuff is all great. My one suggestion would be unless you have money to burn look at the non-titanium models - you'll save a couple bills. FMF, WB and Procircut all have non-titanium version of their top of the line titanium pipe - a little heavier then titanium with the same performance increase but still lighter then your stock pipe.

P.S. there are good deals on eBay - just make sure the seller has a good record and use PayPal - don't send cash or check.

There is definitely a big difference in price if I order from the US (I am in Canada). Even after shipping, duty, etc., I think I would save about $200 for a complete system.

Thanks for the quick replies and your advice. :confused: