New Guy with '08 YZ450F

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum as I just purchased an 08 YZ450F. I'm 28 and live in northern Utah. I've been out of the dirt bike game for awhile and am new to 4 strokes so I'm sure this forum will definitely be a great resource for me. I've never raced and don't plan on it...just like to ride trails, dunes, and mess around on a track every once in awhile. I'm also into choppers and Harley's as well.

So far I've just done the basics, new plastics, SiksPak sticker kit, and Works skid plate. I have a Dr. D stainless system, Renthal O-Ring chain and 50t sprocket to throw on as well. Hopefully I can get them on before our dune trip this weekend. I'm still waiting on black lower fork covers and a black One Industries Gripper seat cover.

Seems to be alot of knowledgeable people here on the forum so hopefully I can learn something!

Here are a few pics.

DSCN1817.jpg

DSCN1816.jpg

DSCN1815.jpg

DSCN1812.jpg

I didn't pay any extra for the white. A guy had bought the bike then decided he didn't want it before he even picked it up so the dealership bought it back and sold it to me. I got it for about $400 cheaper than the best deal I could find on a blue '08 with the current rebate at the time plus I didn't have to pay a setup charge. It was worth it to me since the bike was still brand new and there isn't really a warranty on these anyway.

I plan on keeping the white plastics for a spare set myself.