HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jareda51

New Guy with '08 YZ450F

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum as I just purchased an 08 YZ450F. I'm 28 and live in northern Utah. I've been out of the dirt bike game for awhile and am new to 4 strokes so I'm sure this forum will definitely be a great resource for me. I've never raced and don't plan on it...just like to ride trails, dunes, and mess around on a track every once in awhile. I'm also into choppers and Harley's as well.

So far I've just done the basics, new plastics, SiksPak sticker kit, and Works skid plate. I have a Dr. D stainless system, Renthal O-Ring chain and 50t sprocket to throw on as well. Hopefully I can get them on before our dune trip this weekend. I'm still waiting on black lower fork covers and a black One Industries Gripper seat cover.

Seems to be alot of knowledgeable people here on the forum so hopefully I can learn something!

Here are a few pics.

DSCN1817.jpg

DSCN1816.jpg

DSCN1815.jpg

DSCN1812.jpg

It started as a white one. As soon as I find a sticker kit I like for the white I'll replace the stock graphics on those plastics and have two sets.

It started as a white one. As soon as I find a sticker kit I like for the white I'll replace the stock graphics on those plastics and have two sets.

I was gunna say that if I were going to change the plastics I wouldnt fork over the other 100 for the white, but since you are going to keep them cool.

I didn't pay any extra for the white. A guy had bought the bike then decided he didn't want it before he even picked it up so the dealership bought it back and sold it to me. I got it for about $400 cheaper than the best deal I could find on a blue '08 with the current rebate at the time plus I didn't have to pay a setup charge. It was worth it to me since the bike was still brand new and there isn't really a warranty on these anyway.

I plan on keeping the white plastics for a spare set myself.