XR600R top end tic tic tic

from what u are saying it can be that u will get more oil to the head by less oil the crank(i didnt look at the oil pump passage ).

dont forget that the pressure drop is after the banjo bolt and there is some pressure before.

I am saying that because of the cold, viscous oil, and the small oil line + banjo bolt diameter, you get a pretty big pressure drop when cold. This means pressure drop at the end of the tupe but pressure buildup at the beginning.

If the crank diameter is bigger, a lot more oil will flow there until warming up because of less resistance... altough I have to look into this by measuring passageways to the crank. I'll have a look this afternoon.

When you increase the diameter of oil line to the head, but keep pretty much the same size banjo bolts the pressure drop when cold becomes much less because of less wall drag/friction. So that might have good effect without removing the restrictions of the banjo bolts.

I'll look into this more when I have more time. :banghead:

ok but still rate of flow constant, and that mean more oil to the cam less oil to the cranksaft.

are u sure that the same pump supply the oil to the head and to the crankshaft?

i know that there are "2 pumps" inside that pump, but i'm not sure (didnt open it).

any way i think that it's important to use the stoke banjo bolts or at lest to use the same ratio between them.

and if it is the same pump that supply the oil to the camshaft and crankshaft i think that the crankshaft need more oil from the camshaft.

:banghead:

ok but still rate of flow constant, and that mean more oil to the cam less oil to the cranksaft.

are u sure that the same pump supply the oil to the head and to the crankshaft?

i know that there are "2 pumps" inside that pump, but i'm not sure (didnt open it).

any way i think that it's important to use the stoke banjo bolts or at lest to use the same ratio between them.

and if it is the same pump that supply the oil to the camshaft and crankshaft i think that the crankshaft need more oil from the camshaft.

Yup,,2 pumps in one,but one just scavenges the crankcase oil and pumps it up to the frame from what i`ve seen...

Edit: well i looked over the oil flow diagram and 1/2 the pump supplies filtered oil to the crank and head,the other scavenges the oil from the crankcase

and supplies oil to the trans too........

Brian

Edited by brianhare

EDIT: Durr....didn't read that last post. :banghead:

From what I can tell, the "scavenge" pump actually moves oil to the frame reservoir and feeds the gearbox through a restrictor orifice. The "feed" half of the pump draws oil from the frame and sends it through the oil filter and on to crank and head. That's what the 650L manual shows, anyway. The 600 manual is not so clear.

EDIT: Durr....didn't read that last post. :banghead:

From what I can tell, the "scavenge" pump actually moves oil to the frame reservoir and feeds the gearbox through a restrictor orifice. The "feed" half of the pump draws oil from the frame and sends it through the oil filter and on to crank and head. That's what the 650L manual shows, anyway. The 600 manual is not so clear.

I edited my post HT about 4 minutes before you posted,i was adding info i looked up,,,so i probably threw you off:thumbsup:,,,Sorry boss...

Brian

That explains it. I was looking at the manuals while typing and it took me about five minutes to get the reply up. I didn't think I was going nuts because I was questioning myself. Crazy people think everyone else is nuts. :banghead:

That explains it. I was looking at the manuals while typing and it took me about five minutes to get the reply up. I didn't think I was going nuts because I was questioning myself. Crazy people think everyone else is nuts. :bonk:

:ride::lol::bonk:

Brian

Good luck with it!! Let's hope it is something easy on the pocket to fix.

Keep us posted.

well mate shes not pretty, exhaust valve rockers worn to buggery, auto decomp springs are poked, camchain sprocket holders been butchered, small end is f@cked, counter shaft f@cked, 2nd gear chipped and 3rd starting to go the same way, rings gone, light scoring in the barrel, thats it so far, mechanics gonna go over with a fine tooth comb next week and measure up all the spec clearences etc..

SH*T i've only riden about 400mls since i bought it :banghead:

SH*T i've only riden about 400mls since i bought it :bonk:

Well I know how you feell.... My piston lost a skirt after I drove it 400km's after buying it.... :ride: Small end worn, camshaft and rockers toast.... Blehrg..!

Try to get stuff on ebay. Rockers are sold on ebay for about 65$ for all 4. (you only have to fit the old adjustingnuts and bolts)

Hotcams camshaft is about 140$...

Good luck, and if you have any questions, we'll be glad to help. :banghead:

looking at replacing most of the gears as well, the hard facings chipped on most of them,:bonk: the closer we look the worse it gets, gonna have a good think over the coming week weather to bin it or fix it:worthy:, over 3k for parts from Honda NZ, looking around 1200-1400 from the states :ride: - PO told a few fibs, :lol::foul:

Update: most parts ordered today 2k(us) worth.... ive still got to get a piston kit, crank pressed and balanced and head borred and honed..... shit when does it end:bonk: dipped into the savings only a couple undie left:banghead: .

hopefully be up and running in a month.

i went to honda to get a price for all parts, over 4k worth.... what a b:foul:shit mark up on parts, lucky for me we got the internet:worthy:

Update: most parts ordered today 2k(us) worth.... ive still got to get a piston kit, crank pressed and balanced and head borred and honed..... shit when does it end:bonk: dipped into the savings only a couple undie left:banghead: .

hopefully be up and running in a month.

i went to honda to get a price for all parts, over 4k worth.... what a b:foul:shit mark up on parts, lucky for me we got the internet:worthy:

Buying all the parts truly s*cks donkey balls... I'm still waiting for money to get my cilinder nicasil plated and the crank pressed and balanced...

The parts I 'collected' the last 2 months: Gaskets (only 1 oem, the valvecover gasket), hotrods Conrod, hotcam Camshaft, new rockers, Wiseco 11:1 98mm piston, crankbearings and oilpump rotors. Not 2k on parts, but for a student like me its a lot of money..

Can't wait to get the thing riding again though. :ride:

yeah mate sux aye, im still working out where to get some more $$ for the bore and kit

Faark i hate the waiting game:banghead: , just waiting for connecting rod re-order to get sorted before they send my parts over:bonk: as soon as the small end been done i'l know how much ive got left for the Kit.... Man i just want to ride:banghead::ride:

:thumbsup: crank all together, piston kit arrived today so hopefully in to reconditioners for the re-bore tommorrow.

Without hearing the noise, its anybodys guess! If the engine runs good and the rest of the bike is in good condition and you plan on keeping it, I would try and get the price down as low as possible and buy the thing and proceed to make the repair. Even if it is a few hundred, and you can do the work yourself, you still have a great bike when you are finished.

well Micknmeld, shes all done mate. turns out the original ticking noise was from a stuffed rocker arm, so lucky for that or i would have rode it till BANG.

done 200klm on her so far she sounds soooo friggen awesome no rattles just purring :thumbsup: time to ride:ride::lol:

well Micknmeld, shes all done mate. turns out the original ticking noise was from a stuffed rocker arm, so lucky for that or i would have rode it till BANG.

done 200klm on her so far she sounds soooo friggen awesome no rattles just purring :thumbsup: time to ride:ride::lol:

Top stuff Dino!! Gotta love it when they run sweet, they are happy to purr away all day too. Happy to hear it was a cheap fix to, the rocker arms don't cost much.

Cheers

Mick