stripped dip stick

so i stripped my dipstick out on the trail and i need a new one, preferably metal unless someone convinces me otherwise.

anyways, what suggestions do you guys have? i remember a long time ago someone bought one and complained that it was a different length therefore a different reading so yeah, any help would be appreciated.

i have a 2007 if it matters

yep don't you luv plastic threads........

Hey WB is our buddy still making these?

dipstick stripped hmm, wait until your HotStart Nut strips also....

I think so, I've sent him some interested buyers, nothing back saying he's not.:confused:

yep don't you luv plastic threads........

Hey WB is our buddy still making these?

dipstick stripped hmm, wait until your HotStart Nut strips also....

my dad's hotstart already siezed in place, well not sure if it did or not since wep ulled it out to lube it. but it was one hell of a night.

I clean and lube my hot start thingy in the carb every month. I have done it at least 10 times and never have had a problem with stripping my hot start nut. You just make sure the threads are clean and then carefully start to screw it in to make sure it is going in the right thread. And finally there is no reason to use heavy equipment to tighten it.

I clean and lube my hot start thingy in the carb every month. I have done it at least 10 times and never have had a problem with stripping my hot start nut. You just make sure the threads are clean and then carefully start to screw it in to make sure it is going in the right thread. And finally there is no reason to use heavy equipment to tighten it.

I agree but unfortunately the plastic will break down from heat and constant removal. The other benefit of the alum Hotstart is to keep moisture out - something the oem plastic nut does not stop:thumbsup:

I agree but unfortunately the plastic will break down from heat and constant removal. The other benefit of the alum Hotstart is to keep moisture out - something the oem plastic nut does not stop:thumbsup:

I agree