HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
butcharin

Piston Ring Help

6 posts in this topic

Man I need some help. SO I got my new rings today and I am having a brain fart like non other. The top ring is the one with the chamfer on it right? :confused: Some days I just feel stupid. :excuseme: :excuseme: :sweden: Any help would be great. Thanks!

I believe you are correct. The chamfer is to allow compression gasses to "push" the top ring against the cylinder wall for a better seal (compressed gasses and motor oil.) It's been a long time since I had the jug off a bike, but that is how I remember it being applied.

-Joe

Letter up and at least on my Wiseco piston you cant put the correct one in the incorrect spot. Thickness differences.

Well...you could put the small one in the big slot but you'd figure it out pretty fast when the thick one wont go in the little slot.

Hey thanks all. I got it together now I just got to finish powder coating the fame and it will be back together. We still have a couple feet of snow so I am not in to big of a rush.:confused: