HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ascitone

TT search worked, Thank you

2 posts in this topic

Well I bought an 04-YZ450 last year and I had not been riding for lets just say a lot of years. and when I would go riding I had a hell of a time starting out in first gear as well as just kind of cruising in first and second gear the bike would kind of just take off like a bat out of hell. and at first I thought it was me and re-learning how to ride. well this winter I replaced the pilot screw and just started it today and was making adjustments and just putting around the yard and noticed the rpm surge around 1/8 throttle, looked through the trusty owners manual and really didn't find any info that totally described my issue so then I searched TT and found a pretty old thread about a WR with a similar problem I tried un-plugging the TPS and started it and held the throttle steady just barely open NO more RPM fluctuation at all pulled out the multi-meter and low and behold throttle closed .86 ohm WOT 3.68ohm adjusted and reconnected and what do you know runs great so far just putting around will know better once I can open it up some but for now I feel its smoother and Thank you TT and lavoie du christ for posting this and every one else that posted in this thread

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389764&highlight=1%2F8+throttle+surge

:confused::excuseme: :excuseme: :sweden::crazy::p

almost kinda sucks doesn't it? I had the same ordeal....searched and researched, and found 99% of all my answers, now my bike has a new rebuild, and is jetted correctly, and runs great....:confused: Glad it helped you also.