Carb Screw Size(s) for XR650L ???

I want to replace the soft screws on the stock XR650L's carb with higher quality hex screws...both the bottom bowl and the top slide/diaphram cover (4 each).

Does anyone know what size(s) these screw are?

If not I'll just take with me and size appropriately...

TIA

I replaced mine with hex cap screws that I got from lowes a short while ago. All 8 screws are the same diameter and pitch but 4 are a little longer than the others. I can't remember exactly what size they are but if I recall, the bolts they have will not be the exact length you need to match the oem ones. I just got the next length shorter for both sets and they work just fine. Lowes has a bolt gauge mounted next to all their bins of bolts so just take 1 of each set with you and match up the thread pitch and get the length close and hit the checkout. Makes for a whole lot easier disassembly of the carb when needed.

they are either M4x0.7 pitch or M5x0.8 pitch, can't remember, basically either 4mm or 5mm thick at the threads, there won't be other thread pitch options commonly available in these sizes. And I don't know how long they are :confused:

they are either M4x0.7 pitch or M5x0.8 pitch, can't remember, basically either 4mm or 5mm thick at the threads, there won't be other thread pitch options commonly available in these sizes. And I don't know how long they are :excuseme:

yup...i went and matched the screws today

the top/diaphram screws are M4-.70x10's...

...and the bottom bowl screws are M4-.70x14's (x12's should work too).

i went with the SS Hex Button Screws but the Cap Screws(Hex) will work also.

the holes/threads are tapped through so if they are a little longer than the stockers they will still fit.

these are replacement screws for the stock Keihin carb on the XR650L.

:excuseme:

P.S. the Keihin 55 Pilot Jet is much better than the 58 which was way to rich.:confused: