HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scotty Breauxman

PIVOT PEGZ for the BRP- Product Review

4 posts in this topic

Pivot Pegz

Here's a follow up to my original product review of Pivot Pegz Mark 2 for the XR650R

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6086683#post6086683

Compared to stock XR650 pegs there is no question that aftermarket pegs are a must...

Campared to convetional after market pegs, Pivot Pegz are the only way to go... I will never go back. These pegs are as irreplacable as a steering stabilizer.

I've got these pegs, haven't tried them yet, but I've taken a look at the instructions, and it says that you have to grease the pivot shaft every 15 hours of use. I understand this requires partially disassembling the pegs, the instructions further say that you have to use a new lock nut on every reassembly. Does this mean every 15 hours of bike use you have to get two new lock nuts for these pegs?

The instructions also mention another worrying thing - they say that the entire mount assembly should be replaced every 100 hours, or if the peg sustains a severe impact. I figure the mounts are pretty expensive.

So anyone who have had these pegs for quite a while, what kind of long-term experience do you have with them? What maintenance do you do on them and how often?

Yea, I've seen them. They're quite nice. I hear they have quite an appetite for flesh though.