HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rogergayla21

Steering Dampner

20 posts in this topic

I run a damper on my bikes. Unless your riding at high speeds or in sand you don't really need one. I assume you ride street with the 650L and sometimes dirt. The Scotts damper works great on my DRZ but the XR is a little more stable and is not as noticeable. It will help on the shacks or big hits when you hit a rock or pot hole. If you go with a damper get the package from Scotts and put on some pro-Tapers or other fat bars.

I'm running a Scotts and it works well. You should consider a damper for the L. Last summer I sold a 5 gal Acerbis tank to a guy who put it on his 650L. Just a week ago I was reading about his near-death experience on a CA freeway. Seems his L got some bad head shake at 75 and tossed him on his butt. Lucky for him he was well protected with ample amounts of body armor but it was all trashed as he went skidding and rolling down the freeway. If I was you, I'd put a damper at the top of your list of goodies. The dude can be found on the hondaxr.com forum and goes by the name havespine.

I had a WER and it worked fine. I just felt it did not damp enough so I got a GPR. Now that is an awesome unit. Call Craig at www.mxsouth.com The forward mount unit with the triple clamps was $475. And the best part is the damper and clamps came in anodized red! Looks and works great.

Love my Scott's with Scott's applied triple clamps. Using bolt on forward mount. Cost was about $600 from Baja Designs. Service recommendations is oil change once a year with seal rebuild every 3 years. It will keep you straight and help build up your forearm muscles.

Lowrance makes one from the I-Finder now. I ordered mine through www.gpscity.com Heres the part number

1 - NPI RAM 1'' Ball Stainless Steel 1/2'' to 1'' U-Bolt Base

I've spent alot tweaking my BRP. Here's a side pic.

15415235.jpg

I'm running a Scotts. I was a little nervous spending $500 on something that I wasn't sure about, but boy what a difference! I can't even think about riding without it now. I talked to the guys at GPR after buying the Scotts unit, they seem to have a lot better customer service, they are at all the AMA Dist.37 races with their complete truck. You can argue about which unit to buy, but after running either one, you'll want a steering damper.