HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rich1167

Dr. D Exhaust Questions.

3 posts in this topic

I have a few what’s the difference questions. I have an 05 with all the free mods done. Stock exhaust with the inner baffles removed. I ride mostly woods, Natl forests and BLM land. Will I get a noticeable power increase over the opened up stock exhaust? Is it worth getting the whole system or should I just go with the slip on? How loud is this pipe? Should I get the quiet core insert?

Thanks,

I also have an '05 with all the free mods done. I bought a Big Gun Race full system last fall. I had to add a quiet core insert and their stainless steel packing to quiet it down and extend the life of the packing (50 hrs vs. 20 hrs). Once I got the carb tuned I definately felt more grunt down low. For a pure dollar to horsepower comparison I would say the add on pipes are not worth it. More of a "bling" factor than anything else. Quiet your pipe down as much as you can for riding on state lands. Also, I've burned a nice hole in my pants because the head pipe has no shield on it. :confused:

I just recently scored on a full system Dr.D exhaust. 300 bucks on eBay!! Anyhow, it fit right on and took it for a spin. A noticable increase in performance all around. For me well worth the money. I have the spark arrestor and the quiet core installed. Haven't tried it with the quiet core off but really don't intend too since I want to keep our riding areas open.

I am still going to play with the jetting a little since I think I can get my '05 WR450 to purr even better. All in all I am very happy with the DR.D.....hope this helps. Cheers JP