WR450F vs. 250 smoker

Well form the advice I have gotten here, I believe the WR would suit my riding style more, some dunes and smaller jumps, lots of fire road type riding and long distance rides, mainly the areas where the WR shines. It is a 4 stroke with a reliable motor and is a plus because I don't have to mix gas and the KX would really limit the range of my rides as I don't like carrying extra fuel with me. It is fairly heavy but I think I can handle it just fine I just sold my 230 and I really doubt there is that much weight difference between my old CRF230 and this WR450. Thanks for all the advice :confused: and by the way if I did MX or shorter rides I would pick the KX but I just can't justify the fuel economy, and another issue is that the only premix oil available in my town is formula 1 (cheap stuff) and would have to drive at least a hour and a half both ways to get some oil, to much hassle.

your jumping from a crf230 to a wr 450 ?:excuseme: get a WR 250 then move up if you feel it necessary, the combo of the weight and power will cause you to hate it.

Man, what the heck?

Didn't even end up with the Yammy?

I agonized over the EXACT same decision before buying my 07 WR. At the end of the day, it's so much more the rider than anything. I've got a buddy that is pushing B class riders on 250 and 300 2 smokes riding his 03 WR450 BONE BONE stock - doesn't even know where the gray wire is to disconnect it! One of the guys I ride with just switched from a DRZ 400 to KTM 250 2 smoke. On the DRZ, I usually followed his dust. Now, I wait for him on the 2 smoke - open or snaky singletrack. In general, it seems that guys love the WR's out in the open, dez and whatnot.

I'd ultimately like to own both to have whatever suits the mood...

ahh i see you have chosen the 2smoke, good choice. 450`s are by no means a novice bike , one must put in time and move up to one, mine still kicks my ass:ride: CHEERS!

I wished I was this wise. You're 18 and I am over 40, how the heck did that happen? My wr450 was/is my first dirt bike and it has flat out kicked my ass on numerous occasions (some of which required medical attention).

I am in the process of "down sizing". I'll still keep the 450 for now since its plated. But my race bike will now be the 40lb lighter yz250.

btw... I'm mixing gas now and its just not that damn hard. You only need one extra gas jug to stay organized.