HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redswr

noises from the airbox...

10 posts in this topic

hey guys... i'm not sure if any of you have heard this but when i shut my bike off i can hear, what sounds to be, air blowing out my filter... kinda sounds like there might be some fluids to cause i can hear a gurgalling(sp?) sound. anyone know about this?

She could be overheating and youre hearing the noise from inside the cylinder area......

I get that same gurrgling noise, and I have noticed that my water reserv goes from about an inch full to about half full. I would check that when you shut it off.

ok... it's deffinatly not from the overflow tank, its from the airbox. i pushed my bike about 3 feet and i heard air leaking out of the airbox...

it reminds me of the sound a turbo makes when you shut off the motor and it still has air built up... i have no clue why it would do this though. i'm gonna move this to general.

Remember that when your bike is running, air moves through the engine at a relatively fast pace causing a vacuum effect, when you shut the bike off, it's pretty normal for sounds to occur since everything including all this moving air has to settle to a state of equilibrium.

1 person likes this

Remember that when your bike is running, air moves through the engine at a relatively fast pace causing a vacuum effect, when you shut the bike off, it's pretty normal for sounds to occur since everything including all this moving air has to settle to a state of equilibrium.

wow thats the most brillant post so far!

Did you remove the drain cap from the bottom of the airbox to remove any accumulated water/fluid? The engine vent is at the bottom of the airbox. If there is a puddle in there, it can "be a' bubblin".

sure did... no water in the box. maybe the filter got wet though cause it's pretty exposed now that i did all the air boxs mods.