noises from the airbox...

hey guys... i'm not sure if any of you have heard this but when i shut my bike off i can hear, what sounds to be, air blowing out my filter... kinda sounds like there might be some fluids to cause i can hear a gurgalling(sp?) sound. anyone know about this?

Maybe it was the coolant boiling and going into the coolant recovery tank under the rear fender.:confused:

it gets louder when i open the airbox lid...

She could be overheating and youre hearing the noise from inside the cylinder area......

I get that same gurrgling noise, and I have noticed that my water reserv goes from about an inch full to about half full. I would check that when you shut it off.

ok... it's deffinatly not from the overflow tank, its from the airbox. i pushed my bike about 3 feet and i heard air leaking out of the airbox...

it reminds me of the sound a turbo makes when you shut off the motor and it still has air built up... i have no clue why it would do this though. i'm gonna move this to general.

Remember that when your bike is running, air moves through the engine at a relatively fast pace causing a vacuum effect, when you shut the bike off, it's pretty normal for sounds to occur since everything including all this moving air has to settle to a state of equilibrium.

Remember that when your bike is running, air moves through the engine at a relatively fast pace causing a vacuum effect, when you shut the bike off, it's pretty normal for sounds to occur since everything including all this moving air has to settle to a state of equilibrium.

wow thats the most brillant post so far!

Did you remove the drain cap from the bottom of the airbox to remove any accumulated water/fluid? The engine vent is at the bottom of the airbox. If there is a puddle in there, it can "be a' bubblin".

sure did... no water in the box. maybe the filter got wet though cause it's pretty exposed now that i did all the air boxs mods.