Magura clutch broke

I started up my YZ426F today and when I pulled in the magura hydraulic clutch and put it into first, the line from the slave cylinder to the clutch arm broke.:confused:

I looked everywhere to find an email or number to Magura and found nothing...does anybody have it?

Also does anybody know if I can get parts for that hydraulic setup as I found nothing?

OR...should I just get a stock setup and ditch the Magura?

Magura USA - 800-448-3876

They have what you need. Good service and nice fellows, been very helpful to me in two setups I had to do (both custom). Were you running a plastic/carbon line or a stainless steel one (I use this one)?

Thank you very much for the number! Everything I found was in german or some other language. :confused:

It was the plastic line that I have, but the metal line between the slave cylinder and the clutch arm right at the barrel is what broke.

The clutch arm is super hard to pull in so hopefully the clutch arm/rod are okay when it broke suddenly.

DSC02993.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

From the looks of the lever barrel, you have a lot of hours on that clutch.(?) If you do, I would recommend spending the money on a complete new setup. Mine broke at the same spot (a common problem that they fixed with a bigger rod) after a ton of hours. I opened up the master and the hard coating in the bore was worn through also. I could have bought just the slave, but it would have been a mistake after seeing what the master looked like.

The other thing you might want to look into is making sure you get the right master, they have two different size bores in them. There's a 10.5mm and a 9.5mm that will fit the YZ's, the 9.5 will give you less lever travel but a lighter lever pull. I have the 9.5 on mine with an Enduro Engineering lever, the lever pull is insanely light and it still has (at least on an '06 YZ450) plenty of lever travel.

Ditto on the guys at Magura, they're very nice and helpful.