Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Traskrider

Brush guard for protapers?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guy's

07 WR450F looking for brush guards for the pro tapers that come on it, did a search but nothing on this year or atleast the pro tapers. I bought a set of Acerbis at the local Yamaha shop hour and a half away they told me they would fit my bike, they are funny people ! I put them on my wife's TW200. Mabye some of you can steer me in the right direction.

the cycra triple clamps DO NOTfit 07 up WRs. :excuseme: been there done that. you can grind the mount down, but they'll just bend easier. :sweden: that extra lump of metal on the mount is there to make up for the material removed for the bolt holes in the mount.

I bent mine on my first ride when my bike fell over in the parking lot.

the GNCC team is sponsored by cycra, and in a recent picture posted on this forum they use the AM-PRO HAND GUARD MOUNTS, instead to the cycra triple mount.

http://amproracing.com/Parts.htm

bonz also make a mount for the cycra.

I replaced my cycra triple clamp mounts with the cycra "U" mount which you can order the pro taper version. http://store.cycraracing.com/uclhamos.html

the fastways are real nice but the plastic is brittle. :excuseme:

I second the Fastway. I like how they mount. I beat the crap out of the set I had on my DRZ with no failure of the mount.

Wr450F3.jpg

They now have new plastics. Can't vouch for how brittle they are. I have broken a couple of the plastics but then again that usually happens only when I hit a tree.

Wr450F2.jpg

I am pretty sure that you can put Cycra plastics on the brush guard bars.

I'm sold on Cycra big time with the Bonz clamps.

bonz006.jpg

To each his own!

are you the guy that was telling me about the bonz mount at holisterhills about 4 weeks ago??. I was the guy on the WR450 with only one hand gaurd.

$69.99+$6 for shipping = bank.

http://www.bikebonz.com/images/sitebdy/purbdy/hgm/of_hgm.htm

I seriously almost got the bonz.... but, having to blow an extra $76 just to make the cycra work :confused: , so I asked cycra...they sent me the U clamps to replace my triple mounts for "free" so I put them on. they fit OK, but I still had to bend the guards up to fit.

are you the guy that was telling me about the bonz mount at holisterhills about 4 weeks ago??. I was the guy on the WR450 with only one hand gaurd.

Yep, guilty. Sitting on my kids bike at the top of Rancho Rd.

You cant go wrong with ProBends no matter how they get mounted. Routing cables and getting them just where you want takes a little tweaking.

Good luck.